/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

To pick up November sometime
Posted By: TylerDate: 5/7/07 2:33 p.m.

Gagh, I feel dumb about it. Back in mid-late 2004 after playing a bunch of 3rd Party Marathon scenarios such as Red and Rubicon while I was healing from surgery, I thought it would be a super idea to make a scenario myself called "November." Me, being the younger dumb self I was, never committed to it and nothing became of it other than a few hundred megs of graphical experiments. Dopey me.

But now because I have more money under my belt I think I'll go get one of them nifty top-of-the-line iMacs sometime in the near future (I'm going to hold out until they release a black version), and a cheap G4 Powerbook so I can use OS9 again.
With that, I felt I might pick up November again, and actually try and make something out of it. With some more years of Photoshop under my belt and access to some nice 3D programs, I might try and make a scenario worth playing. But I got to know somethings before I begin such a scenario. Sorry if these have been asked a million times before.

I need to know:
- If I make a map in Forge on OS9, how can I convert it so it can play on OSX?
- How would I be able to convert all my files from OS9 to OSX? Would I even need to?
- How would I be able to edit the audio, shapes and images files from OSX?
- What are the graphical limits for things such as terminal graphics, chapter screens and the main menu in OSX and OS9?
- I noticed that audio doesn't play on Aleph One when you're at the main menu or viewing a chapter screen during gameplay (or is that just my really bad comp?). How do you make it so it does?
- If Aleph One runs on OSX, does it matter if you have a G4, G5 or Intel processor? Do the audio and map files and such need to be modified specially to run under certain processors, or does it all depend on the version of Aleph One?
- How would one go about rearranging the button locations on the main menu?
- What are the limits to the alterations can one make to the ingame computer terminals?
- How would one impliment hi-res renders to replace the low-res bitmaps?
- Is there an efficient, user friendly map editor for OSX?
- Is there an efficient, user friendly shapes editor for OSX?
- Is it possible to have a network game if both linked computers have different processors? (An Intel iMac playing a game with a G4 iMac, or a G4 iMac playing a game with a G3 iMac, for example)
- How would one create and edit terminal text in OSX?
- Not really about map making or AO tech, but what would be the best way to make hi-res textures via Photoshop? Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks for your time.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

To pick up November sometimeTyler 5/7/07 2:33 p.m.
     Re: To pick up November sometimeForrest of B.org 5/7/07 3:35 p.m.
           I am that guy, yes *NM*Tyler 5/7/07 4:21 p.m.
     Re: To pick up November sometimeForrest of B.org 5/7/07 3:40 p.m.
           Re: To pick up November sometimetreellama 5/7/07 4:47 p.m.
     Re: To pick up November sometimeukimalefu 5/7/07 5:50 p.m.
     Re: To pick up November sometimeForrest of B.org 5/7/07 11:28 p.m.
           Re: To pick up November sometimetreellama 5/8/07 4:48 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.