/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

MML bug or AO bug?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 2/28/07 1:17 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I wanna play Eternal 4 or AO but (treellama)

: There will either be a crash report or a message in Aleph One's log. We need
: that information to help you.

This reminds me, I meant to email you Gregory, but I'll probably forget before I go home so I'll just ask here (and maybe others can chime in to help too, if it's not an AO bug as I suspect)...

Between Alphas 3 and 4, I reimplemented the weapons HUD MML to take advantage of the changes to AO you so graciously made that allowed me to do so more cleanly (instead of the ugly hack I had in before). However, for some reason the main (i.e. you've-only-got-one-of-them) graphic for the Fusion Pistol (as opposed to the multiple, you've-got-two-of-them graphic) seems permanently stuck on using bitmap 42, which I believe is the default bitmap that the pistol HUD image is usually stored in.

However, that incorrect bitmap is aligned properly (most of my HUD graphics are the same dimensions), the multiple graphic and ammo bars show up fine, and the MML for the Gravitronic Blades, which is identical except for which weapon it applies to and which bitmaps it references, works perfectly. I've looked through all my MML code over and over again to see if it's assigned somewhere else that the Fusion Pistols should use bitmap 42, but it doesn't seem to be, and I can't imagine how it even could be without affecting all the other alignment features, etc, which seem to be working fine.

So I suspect that there maybe a small bug in AO somewhere which won't let you reassign the main HUD bitmap for the pistols, and I was hoping you could look over the AO code and maybe my MML to let me know if that's the case, or if the bug's in my MML somewhere.

Thanks,
-Forrest

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I wanna play Eternal 4 or AO butNicholai 2/28/07 11:14 a.m.
     Re: I wanna play Eternal 4 or AO buttreellama 2/28/07 11:17 a.m.
           MML bug or AO bug?Forrest of B.org 2/28/07 1:17 p.m.
                 Re: MML bug or AO bug?treellama 2/28/07 5:14 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.