/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Anyone home?
Posted By: goranDate: 1/26/07 6:15 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Anyone home? (Pfhorever)

: Ok, well, if I was to use jjaro.net, that would force me to release one
: weapon at a time. This is all assuming that people jump up, and help. So
: far, I haven't gotten any e-mails saying that someone wants to help me.

Thing is, look at this project.

First, what the hell are you going to have a website for, it's useless. Skip that step. You can gain access to bungie.org's ftp, and store/share files there.
For communication, msn, mail etc is supreme.

Secondly, you have to generate ideas for weapons, themes, how weapons work etc etc. Whenever you get an idea for a solid weapon you can progress to:

The drawing process. And look, the drawing process is the BIG step, the hard one. If you're very skilled at drawing, this step will be easy as hell...if you're not - then you have to educate yourself and practice.
If you were to be a pro at drawing, you'd have enough power to make people help you out with everything else.

The physics and scripting process. This is an area where you can easily draft teammembers to your project. If you have solid ideas, and solid art, people will run to your side. No doubt about it. Anyway. You want to educate yourself in this area too. It's not unlikely that your art will be a bit off, if you don't understand how to implent it.

repeat until you can release a new set of weapons.

Now that you have one set done, guess what? Ask for more assistance. Ask for artists. They'll come to you.

Now you're trustable, now you have power, now you can make people want to help you.

So instead of whining about that no one helps you. take action yourself. Show them who you are. what you're capable of. Generate ideas, and practice your drawing skills. And never give up. NEVER give up.

http://pfhorever.youaremighty.com/

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weapon?Pfhorever 1/17/07 6:36 a.m.
     Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weaForrest of B.org 1/17/07 8:16 a.m.
           Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weaPfhorever 1/17/07 8:32 a.m.
           Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weaPfhorever 1/17/07 9:02 a.m.
                 Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weaSnowCrash 1/17/07 2:34 p.m.
                       Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weaPfhorever 1/17/07 3:19 p.m.
                             Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weaSnowCrash 1/17/07 3:28 p.m.
                                   Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weaPfhorever 1/17/07 3:30 p.m.
                       Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weaPfhorever 1/17/07 3:29 p.m.
                             I say go with the french! VIVA LA RESISTANCE! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/17/07 9:58 p.m.
                                   Re: I say go with the french! VIVA LA RESISTANCE!Pfhorever 1/18/07 12:03 p.m.
                                         Anyone home?Pfhorever 1/19/07 2:01 p.m.
                                               Re: Anyone home?ukimalefu 1/19/07 6:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Anyone home?Pfhorever 1/20/07 4:46 a.m.
                                                           Re: Anyone home? *LINK* *LINK*Pfhorever 1/20/07 7:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Anyone home?thermoplyae 1/20/07 9:03 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Anyone home?Pfhorever 1/20/07 9:39 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Anyone home?thermoplyae 1/20/07 8:37 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Anyone home?Pfhorever 1/25/07 1:00 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Anyone home?thermoplyae 1/25/07 5:29 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Anyone home?ukimalefu 1/25/07 6:21 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Anyone home?thermoplyae 1/25/07 6:37 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Anyone home?Forrest of B.org 1/25/07 6:50 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Anyone home?thermoplyae 1/25/07 8:48 p.m.
                                                                                                           On Projects and Passive BystandersMrHen 1/26/07 5:31 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: On Projects and Passive BystandersForrest of B.org 1/26/07 8:52 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Me! All about me!MrHen 1/26/07 9:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Me! All about me!Forrest of B.org 1/26/07 8:20 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   I can take a look at it. :)MrHen 1/27/07 12:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: I can take a look at it. :)Forrest of B.org 1/28/07 4:40 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               awesome.MrHen 1/29/07 5:44 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Just what IS needed for a project? (Very long!)RyokoTK 1/26/07 9:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Heartily seconded *NM* *NM*kyjel 1/26/07 10:05 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Maps and storiesMrHen 1/27/07 12:41 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Maps and storieskyjel 1/27/07 12:59 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Maps and storiesgoran 1/27/07 6:28 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Maps and storiesRyokoTK 1/28/07 4:20 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   slight correction...MrHen 1/29/07 5:50 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: slight correction...RyokoTK 1/29/07 6:20 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               :) *NM*MrHen 1/29/07 8:43 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Anyone home?goran 1/26/07 5:48 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Anyone home?thermoplyae 1/26/07 6:46 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Anyone home?goran 1/26/07 6:15 a.m.
                                                                                   haha, that link is awesome *NM*MrHen 1/26/07 8:11 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Anyone home?Andrew Nagy 1/26/07 6:34 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Anyone home?Forrest of B.org 1/26/07 8:26 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Anyone home?Andrew Nagy 1/26/07 10:00 p.m.
                                                                                                     we could if you LINKED it... *NM*MrHen 1/27/07 12:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Anyone home?ukimalefu 1/20/07 11:00 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Anyone home?Pfhorever 1/20/07 11:40 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Anyone home?McNutcase 1/20/07 12:15 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Anyone home?Pfhorever 1/20/07 12:20 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Anyone home?McNutcase 1/20/07 12:23 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Anyone home?Pfhorever 1/20/07 12:27 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Anyone home?McNutcase 1/20/07 12:31 p.m.
                                                                                               I can proof websitesMrHen 1/21/07 1:12 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Anyone home?ukimalefu 1/20/07 4:51 p.m.
     Re: Anyone ever heard of the WMaiD fusion mine weagoran 1/17/07 9:23 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.