/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Using other people's shapes
Posted By: PfhoreverDate: 1/15/07 8:48 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Using other people's shapes (Forrest of B.org)

: First off: Hi, I'm Forrest. You're free to use the Wave Blades if you like,
: however the ones in Alpha 3 are not the most current, they're not yet
: fully/properly functional, and I won't be much help extracting them and
: using them in your own project. In you want just those, and not the
: complete Eternal weapon set, you'll need to copy and paste the bitmaps and
: recreate the sequences on your own. (If you want to use the complete
: Eternal weapon set, just use Shapes Juggler to copy the entire Weapons In
: Hand collection into your shapes file, and copy and paste each weapon from
: the Eternal physics in place of your own weapons; you'll probably need to
: copy some Shots physics too, and you'll definitely need the level-embedded
: MML that makes weapon pickup not suck for most of the alien weapons).

: I'm generally anti-intellectual-property in principle, though I do always
: like credit where it's due, so for the most part anything I've made for
: Eternal is fair game for use elsewhere. However, bear in mind that I
: didn't make everything in Eternal, so it's good to ask before hand in case
: other people who've helped with the project would object.

: Now, to answer your question above: The MML you need to use is something like
: this ( brackets omitted; add them at the ends of each of the following
: lines):
:
:
:
:
:

: There can by as many ITEM tags as you like. I'm not sure if having less than
: the default number will default those ones to the standard settings
: (pistol and clips), though I'm pretty sure having no items at all will
: default to the standard. If you want to blank out one of the existing
: items (i.e. you want the player just to start out with a Rocket Launcher
: and no ammo, no pistols or clips either), and it turns out that it does
: default to the standard settings if you don't override them all, you can
: probably give that item a type of "00" (fists) to make it empty.

: The "index" values just need to be unique numbers (in looking this
: up I noticed I had accidentally skipped "1" in my Eternal MML,
: and it caused no problems), and the "type" values are number
: from the list of "The items to be picked up" which is a little
: ways further down on this page:
: http://source.bungie.org/content/engine_extentions/mml/MML.html#appendix2

: The Rocket Launcher appears to be item "08", and it's ammo
: "09". The above MML makes you start out with a pistol and three
: clips for it (which in Eternal is a fusion pistol and three batteries); so
: if you want a Rocket Launcher and six rockets, just replaced
: "01" with "08" and "02" with "09"
: in the above code.

: More about the PLAYER tag can be found further up that same page, here:
: http://source.bungie.org/content/engine_extentions/mml/MML.html#player

: And to answer another poster earlier on: you can always override/add/change
: any MML on a level-by-level basis, however I'm pretty sure this MML only
: takes effect if you start a new game on the level it applies to, so I
: don't think it could be used to just give you a new weapon as you play
: through from one level to another. I.e. if you have one map where you
: start out with just a pistol, and the next level you start out with
: everything, but you start on the first map and then move on to the second,
: I don't believe you suddenly get a full inventory as soon as the next
: level begins. But if you start straight on that second level, you do. But
: I'm not entirely sure about that.

I now understand how to change the starting weapon, but what about getting 2? And can the ammount of ammo be altered? Not that the wave blades use ammo. Speaking of the wave blades, is there a way for me to get the most up-to-date? And you said something about Shapes Juggler, would that keep the sequences? Also, how would I go about putting sequences together? The last two questions may be answered by anyone.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Using other people's shapesPfhorever 1/13/07 3:28 p.m.
     Re: Using other people's shapesgoran 1/13/07 3:57 p.m.
     Re: Using other people's shapestreellama 1/13/07 5:11 p.m.
           Re: Using other people's shapesPfhorever 1/14/07 8:42 a.m.
                 Re: Using other people's shapesSnowCrash 1/14/07 9:19 a.m.
                       Re: Using other people's shapesPfhorever 1/14/07 9:21 a.m.
                             Re: Using other people's shapesSnowCrash 1/14/07 12:31 p.m.
                                   Re: Using other people's shapestreellama 1/14/07 12:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Using other people's shapesSnowCrash 1/14/07 12:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Using other people's shapesPfhorever 1/14/07 1:14 p.m.
                                               Re: Using other people's shapesFullDiaper 1/14/07 4:56 p.m.
                                                     Re: Using other people's shapesPfhorever 1/14/07 5:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: Using other people's shapesJohannes Gunnar 1/14/07 9:49 p.m.
                                                           Re: Using other people's shapesForrest of B.org 1/14/07 10:10 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Using other people's shapesForrest of B.org 1/14/07 10:13 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Using other people's shapesForrest of B.org 1/14/07 10:18 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Using other people's shapesPfhorever 1/15/07 8:48 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Using other people's shapesForrest of B.org 1/15/07 10:15 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Using other people's shapesPfhorever 1/15/07 10:42 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Using other people's shapesForrest of B.org 1/15/07 1:31 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Using other people's shapesPfhorever 1/15/07 1:46 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Using other people's shapesForrest of B.org 1/15/07 5:34 p.m.
                                                                 Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AO *LINK*Blayne 1/15/07 2:41 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AForrest of B.org 1/15/07 5:36 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AD-M.A. 1/15/07 8:00 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AD-M.A. 1/16/07 11:29 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AD-M.A. 1/16/07 11:30 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in ABlayne 2/15/07 7:59 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AD-M.A. 2/15/07 11:15 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AD-M.A. 2/16/07 9:19 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in ABlayne 2/17/07 11:16 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AD-M.A. 2/22/07 7:41 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in ANicholai 1/15/07 8:13 p.m.
                                                                       note to BlayneJohannes Gunnar 1/15/07 9:49 p.m.
                                                                             Re: note to BlayneBlayne 2/15/07 7:55 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Atreellama 1/16/07 3:07 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in ANicholai 1/16/07 8:53 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Atreellama 1/16/07 9:23 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Athermoplyae 1/16/07 9:00 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Athermoplyae 1/16/07 9:05 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AMcNutcase 1/16/07 9:20 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AForrest of B.org 1/16/07 2:58 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Athermoplyae 1/16/07 4:41 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AMcNutcase 1/16/07 10:03 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Atreellama 1/17/07 2:51 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AMcNutcase 1/17/07 3:28 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Atreellama 1/17/07 5:02 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AForrest of B.org 1/17/07 1:00 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Atreellama 1/17/07 2:17 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in AForrest of B.org 1/17/07 9:22 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Athermoplyae 1/17/07 11:13 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Atreellama 1/18/07 3:02 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                           ... nuts! *NM*thermoplyae 1/18/07 6:03 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Athermoplyae 1/16/07 10:42 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Atreellama 1/16/07 9:19 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Implimenting 3D contrails and Projectiles in Arampancy 1/16/07 11:00 a.m.
                                                           Re: Using other people's shapesthermoplyae 1/14/07 11:57 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Using other people's shapesRyokoTK 1/15/07 6:27 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Using other people's shapesthermoplyae 1/15/07 8:42 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Using other people's shapesRyokoTK 1/15/07 8:44 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Using other people's shapesthermoplyae 1/15/07 6:45 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Using other people's shapesRyokoTK 1/15/07 8:41 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Using other people's shapesthermoplyae 1/16/07 8:54 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Using other people's shapestreellama 1/16/07 9:31 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Using other people's shapestreellama 1/16/07 9:31 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Using other people's shapesForrest of B.org 1/16/07 3:10 p.m.
                             Re: Using other people's shapesJohannes Gunnar 1/14/07 9:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.