/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT n
Posted By: McNutcaseDate: 12/2/06 7:35 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT n (Hamish Sinclair)

: Thanks for this. Having looked at that really large pic it struck me that the
: last line of the Juggernaut text does not contain the word Pfhor but
: rather a four letter word. Our original interpretation was: I believe the
: Phfor call them Juggernauts.

: Which is wrong.

: Cheers
: Hamish

Taking a closer look at that myself, I agree. I hadn't looked much at the already-transcribed text - but I believe now that I've spotted another "miss". The Story page currently has the 723rd "handing general humiliating defeats to the Nar." I believe that should read "handing several humiliating defeats to the Nar." The text, such as it is, is unclear, but I think "several" fits better.

As for the Pfhor calling them Juggernauts - surely the Pfhor call them the Dreaded Utfoo Heavy Assault Craft? We should have spotted that years ago...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I probably have too much time on my hands...McNutcase 11/19/06 7:29 a.m.
     Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT now.McNutcase 11/19/06 9:47 a.m.
           Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nBlake37 11/19/06 10:13 a.m.
                 Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nMcNutcase 11/19/06 10:17 a.m.
                       Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT n *LINK*McNutcase 11/19/06 10:27 a.m.
                             Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nHamish Sinclair 12/2/06 7:26 a.m.
                                   Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nMcNutcase 12/2/06 7:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nDocument 12/2/06 6:35 p.m.
                                         Probably my last word on this term pict...McNutcase 12/3/06 11:31 a.m.
     Warpeado and N-Cannon descriptions, formatted!McNutcase 11/19/06 10:14 a.m.
           Re: Warpeado and N-Cannon descriptions, formatted!McNutcase 11/19/06 11:06 a.m.
                 Re: Warpeado and N-Cannon descriptions, formatted!Aaron Sikes 11/20/06 9:40 a.m.
                       ...to rip the Nebulon War (something) a new... *NM*Callie21V 11/20/06 6:28 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.