/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: on camping and speeds
Posted By: legacytyphoonDate: 11/24/06 10:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: on camping and speeds (RyokoTK)

: The mouse is conceivably faster than glancing. Glancing is only so useful,
: anyway; you can't change your momentum that fast, only look that fast. The
: only benefit glancing confers is being able to recharge without staring at
: the wall. That's pretty damn helpful. But still, glancing doesn't offer
: that much accuracy, since it's difficult (though not impossible) to aim at
: any angle other than 90 degrees away from your orientation. Honestly,
: outright turning is much more useful.
As you said, glancing is only useful in certain situations, however, you can actually combine both glance buttons together so you can look in different directions very quickly. Its a weird setup and not really worth using, mainly because to press both glance keys (if you have them set to Q and E...), you usually have to let go of forward or whatever direction you're currently running. You can, however, use it to quickly look forward (faster than just letting go of the key...by a little bit...) by pressing the glance key that isn't currently being help down, what'll happen is that you'll immediately look foward again.
Let's make an example here:
You're glancing right, you hear something ahead of you (like someone shooting at you...), so you press left glance and shoot at them, then you hear something to the left, if you let go of glance right, you'll immediately switch to glancing left and be able to shoot there as well. The only advantage really is that with glancing you don't change directions like you would if you used the mouse to look left and right while moving.
Really though, its all situational...and mixing multiple glance keys and mousing at the same time can be really disorienting if you aren't paying attention, you'll find yourself running the wrong way or bumping into a wall.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I think I'm getting betterukimalefu 11/14/06 7:42 p.m.
     Re: I think I'm getting betterJohannes Gunnar 11/14/06 9:45 p.m.
     Re: I think I'm getting betterMcNutcase 11/14/06 11:38 p.m.
     OMG! I just noticed something...ukimalefu 11/15/06 2:33 a.m.
           They crop up everywhere. *NM*McNutcase 11/15/06 10:40 a.m.
                 Don't you mean...Forrest of B.org 11/15/06 10:51 a.m.
                       I'm REALLY getting betterukimalefu 11/19/06 3:24 p.m.
                             mouse or keyboard? *NM*Johannes Gunnar 11/19/06 9:24 p.m.
                                   Re: mouse or keyboard?ukimalefu 11/19/06 10:14 p.m.
                                   Re: mouse or keyboard?Frungi 11/20/06 4:54 p.m.
                                         It depends on what you are doing.MrHen 11/20/06 5:01 p.m.
                                               Re: It depends on what you are doing.Frungi 11/20/06 5:04 p.m.
                                                     Re: It depends on what you are doing.thermoplyae 11/20/06 8:16 p.m.
                                                           agreedMrHen 11/21/06 4:28 a.m.
                                                                 Re: agreedlegacytyphoon 11/21/06 8:44 a.m.
                                                                       interesting...MrHen 11/21/06 9:10 a.m.
                                                                             My takeRyokoTK 11/21/06 9:57 a.m.
                                                                                   on camping and speedsMrHen 11/21/06 10:09 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: on camping and speedsNicholai 11/21/06 5:07 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: on camping and speedslegacytyphoon 11/22/06 8:43 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: on camping and speedsRyokoTK 11/22/06 2:42 p.m.
                                                                                                     obviously, that depends on the person *NM*MrHen 11/23/06 8:12 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: on camping and speedslegacytyphoon 11/24/06 10:53 p.m.
                                                                                                           why not let go of right-glance? *NM*MrHen 11/25/06 4:14 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: why not let go of right-glance?Frungi 11/25/06 6:04 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: why not let go of right-glance?LegacyTyphoon 11/27/06 7:43 a.m.
                             I can win at KOTH tooukimalefu 12/11/06 6:16 p.m.
                                   Re: I can win at KOTH tooRyokoTK 12/11/06 6:25 p.m.
                                         Aaaand at CTFukimalefu 1/13/07 9:44 p.m.
                                               If you're on a Mac...ukimalefu 1/13/07 11:28 p.m.
                                                     no... did you? *NM*MrHen 1/14/07 6:18 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.