/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: on camping and speeds
Posted By: legacytyphoonDate: 11/22/06 8:43 a.m.

In Response To: Re: on camping and speeds (Nicholai)

: there's nothing faster than glancing though. If you're good at glancing, then
: you can match up to good mousers... I'm not a good glancer, sadly.

: I met a guy who played with mouse and glancing; he wasn't that good, but he
: was very fast and unpredictable. However, I beat him. Anyway he hadn't
: much time playing, so mb it is a good combination. Nothing can be faster
: than that combo
That is an advantage of using a mouse/glance at the same time...you can trick people out sometimes because the sprites can't always keep up with the direction you're looking (Seriously, try it in third person and you'll see what I mean...)...or just get weird looks because your marine sprite is having a seizure...
Actually, using the mouse/glance technique (wait what...its a technique now?!!!) can be rather useful in slugging matches (eg: fist fights...) because you can use the momentum of the sidestep/forward manuever to increase its damage but you don't have to run directly at the person to hit them, you can actually just run directly to the left or right of your target then glance left or right as you run-punch and they'll usually miss you...
So far what I've found:
Keyboard: forces you to plan ahead a bit more than using a mouse because of the slower up and down motion and turn rate, however, as stated before its more steady and I've actually found its easier to track someone's motions using the keyboard because it isn't as sensitive.
Mouse: easier to just go rushing in like a chicken with its head cut off hosing bullets around like blood from its neck...er...bad analogy...but anyway...this doesn't necessarily mean that a mouse is better, but because of the sensitivity issues it can be harder to track someone's movements.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I think I'm getting betterukimalefu 11/14/06 7:42 p.m.
     Re: I think I'm getting betterJohannes Gunnar 11/14/06 9:45 p.m.
     Re: I think I'm getting betterMcNutcase 11/14/06 11:38 p.m.
     OMG! I just noticed something...ukimalefu 11/15/06 2:33 a.m.
           They crop up everywhere. *NM*McNutcase 11/15/06 10:40 a.m.
                 Don't you mean...Forrest of B.org 11/15/06 10:51 a.m.
                       I'm REALLY getting betterukimalefu 11/19/06 3:24 p.m.
                             mouse or keyboard? *NM*Johannes Gunnar 11/19/06 9:24 p.m.
                                   Re: mouse or keyboard?ukimalefu 11/19/06 10:14 p.m.
                                   Re: mouse or keyboard?Frungi 11/20/06 4:54 p.m.
                                         It depends on what you are doing.MrHen 11/20/06 5:01 p.m.
                                               Re: It depends on what you are doing.Frungi 11/20/06 5:04 p.m.
                                                     Re: It depends on what you are doing.thermoplyae 11/20/06 8:16 p.m.
                                                           agreedMrHen 11/21/06 4:28 a.m.
                                                                 Re: agreedlegacytyphoon 11/21/06 8:44 a.m.
                                                                       interesting...MrHen 11/21/06 9:10 a.m.
                                                                             My takeRyokoTK 11/21/06 9:57 a.m.
                                                                                   on camping and speedsMrHen 11/21/06 10:09 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: on camping and speedsNicholai 11/21/06 5:07 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: on camping and speedslegacytyphoon 11/22/06 8:43 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: on camping and speedsRyokoTK 11/22/06 2:42 p.m.
                                                                                                     obviously, that depends on the person *NM*MrHen 11/23/06 8:12 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: on camping and speedslegacytyphoon 11/24/06 10:53 p.m.
                                                                                                           why not let go of right-glance? *NM*MrHen 11/25/06 4:14 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: why not let go of right-glance?Frungi 11/25/06 6:04 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: why not let go of right-glance?LegacyTyphoon 11/27/06 7:43 a.m.
                             I can win at KOTH tooukimalefu 12/11/06 6:16 p.m.
                                   Re: I can win at KOTH tooRyokoTK 12/11/06 6:25 p.m.
                                         Aaaand at CTFukimalefu 1/13/07 9:44 p.m.
                                               If you're on a Mac...ukimalefu 1/13/07 11:28 p.m.
                                                     no... did you? *NM*MrHen 1/14/07 6:18 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.