/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT now.
Posted By: McNutcaseDate: 11/19/06 9:47 a.m.

In Response To: I probably have too much time on my hands... (McNutcase)

Here's what I've gotten from the Warpeado section:

Warpeado

The Warpeado was especially built to rip the ???????[$1] ??? ?????? a new asshole. It is a high yield neutron bomb propelled by a single stage solid fuel rocket. It ?????? the ?????? of ???? a ???????[$1]... it'll be you ??? ?????. ????!

Each ? marks one (hopefully!) character. The two strings marked with [$1] are the same string, and I think they may read "Nebulon". This was done by: first, convert the raw image from indexed to RGB (that allows some shinier options later), then scale it to four time the original size using cubic interpolation. Next, suppress the blue channel completely, and futz with brightness and contrast some (this bit kind of depends on your eyes). Then wind your focus to about two inches past your monitor and read it off.

Anyone wanting the raw, unmodified .bmp is welcome to contact me; I also have it in .pct and in the raw output from ResEdit.

Now back to squinting at the N-Cannon's description...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I probably have too much time on my hands...McNutcase 11/19/06 7:29 a.m.
     Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT now.McNutcase 11/19/06 9:47 a.m.
           Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nBlake37 11/19/06 10:13 a.m.
                 Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nMcNutcase 11/19/06 10:17 a.m.
                       Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT n *LINK*McNutcase 11/19/06 10:27 a.m.
                             Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nHamish Sinclair 12/2/06 7:26 a.m.
                                   Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nMcNutcase 12/2/06 7:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Thanks to a friend, I have the original PICT nDocument 12/2/06 6:35 p.m.
                                         Probably my last word on this term pict...McNutcase 12/3/06 11:31 a.m.
     Warpeado and N-Cannon descriptions, formatted!McNutcase 11/19/06 10:14 a.m.
           Re: Warpeado and N-Cannon descriptions, formatted!McNutcase 11/19/06 11:06 a.m.
                 Re: Warpeado and N-Cannon descriptions, formatted!Aaron Sikes 11/20/06 9:40 a.m.
                       ...to rip the Nebulon War (something) a new... *NM*Callie21V 11/20/06 6:28 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.