/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Lua script question
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 7/18/06 5:42 p.m.

I have a question for anyone versed in Lua scripting.

I'm trying to achieve the effect that, when you run over a weapon, you get it's ammo. That is, if you've got an Assault Rifle and you pick up another Assault Rifle, what you actually get in your inventory is an AR clip (or maybe an AR clip and a grenade clip).

The way I'm thinking this could be implemented is to allow the player (via MML) to carry X+1 number of the weapon in question, where X is the number they could normally carry (usually one, two for dual-weilded weapons)

Then, have a Lua script that senses when the player has X+1 of that item, removes one of them from his inventory, and adds an item of it's ammo instead (or two ammo types for something like the AR).

So my question is, could this be done? And would anyone be willing to write such a script for me?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Lua script questionForrest of B.org 7/18/06 5:42 p.m.
     Re: Lua script questionBob-B-Q 7/19/06 4:22 a.m.
     Re: Lua script questiontreellama 7/19/06 5:03 a.m.
           Re: Lua script questionForrest of B.org 7/19/06 6:42 a.m.
                 Re: Lua script questiontreellama 7/19/06 8:56 a.m.
                       Re: Lua script questionForrest of B.org 7/19/06 9:49 a.m.
                             Re: Lua script questiontreellama 7/19/06 11:03 a.m.
                                   Re: Lua script questionblake37 7/19/06 2:30 p.m.
                                         Re: Lua script questiontreellama 7/19/06 3:02 p.m.
                                               Re: Lua script questionblake37 7/20/06 3:05 a.m.
                                   Re: Lua script questionForrest of B.org 7/20/06 7:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Lua script questionblake37 7/21/06 2:03 a.m.
                                               Re: Lua script questionForrest of B.org 7/22/06 2:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: Lua script questionblake37 7/22/06 3:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Lua script questiontreellama 7/21/06 3:38 a.m.
                                               Re: Lua script questionForrest of B.org 7/22/06 3:54 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.