/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Unimap questions
Posted By: C LundDate: 6/25/06 4:55 a.m.

I'm looking at CrossplatformScenarioGuide here, and I have some questions:

First, it says to encode the Map and Images files to .bin, which we then rename back to Map and Images. So far so good.

But then it says to add .sceA and .imgA as extensions to those files. However, those files already have the .bin extensions. Does this mean we're supposed to remove the .bin extensions? (names and extensions aren't the same things) Also, does .sceA and so on have to appear in the file names or is it enough that they are present as extensions?

I've changed the map file's extension from .bin to .sceA. This works with AO. But if I try to hide the extension, the game won't load. Ditto for the Images file. Why is this?

Also, it says to add the .shpA and .sndA extensions to the Sounds and Shapes files and change the stringsets accordingly. But in the stringsets, there are "Sounds.16" and "Shapes.16" in addition to the regular file names. What do I do with them? "Sounds.16.sndA"?

It seems AO works fine when the Shapes and Sounds have been given new extensions, even though I haven't changed the stringsets. But maybe that's just OS X...?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Unimap questionsC Lund 6/25/06 4:55 a.m.
     Re: Unimap questionstreellama 6/25/06 12:33 p.m.
           Re: Unimap questionsC Lund 6/26/06 11:34 p.m.
                 Re: Unimap questionstreellama 6/27/06 2:55 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.