/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Transfer Complete...
Posted By: Claude ErreraDate: 6/11/06 4:46 p.m.

Well, I THINK it is.

Forrest told me there's been a spam problem here recently; it seemed like the easiest solution was to upgrade the board to 5.12, and then require a profile to be allowed to post. (I'm guessing the vast majority of the spam is coming from bots; they aren't really capable of creating profiles, without some extra coding - and that probably isn't worth it to the spammers.)

I'm not going to guarantee that everything is glitch-free - because I doubt it is. There'd been a lot of tweaking to make WebBBS look like this - and a lot of changes in the perl code between versions 4.33 and 5.12. That means all the appearance tweaks needed to be added by hand - so the possibility that I missed some is really, really good. If you notice something that looks totally wrong, PLEASE - let me know (by email... I no longer read this board); the more details you can give me about what you were doing when you ran into the problem, the easier it'll be to fix it.

If this change doesn't solve the spam problem, let me know that, too. I'm not sure what the next step would be, but I'll worry about that if I have to. :)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Transfer Complete...Claude Errera 6/11/06 4:46 p.m.
     Re: Transfer Complete...Funkmon 6/11/06 4:58 p.m.
           Re: Transfer Complete...Claude Errera 6/11/06 5:12 p.m.
                 Re: Transfer Complete...Forrest of B.org 6/11/06 10:15 p.m.
                       Re: Transfer Complete...Bob-B-Q 6/12/06 7:20 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.