/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The only question so far left unanswered
Posted By: John DentonDate: 5/16/06 9:07 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The only question so far left unanswered (Graham)

: If only Marathon had been made in 2006. Of course Bungie could just pull an
: id and remake it with modern technology, but that would just be, well,
: Halo with a different story. And better.

Even in Halo, everyone is basically the same age. The lack of children (and elderly to a lesser extent) has always bothered me in modern games. And I was really hoping to see civilians in Halo 2, but it seems as if every human still living is in the marine corps. I guess you have to be in shape and armed to survive the invasion long enough to appear in the game. But at least some corpses or something would have been nice (that sounds odd, doesn't it?). But honestly, the lack bothers me less than in some other games.

Ever since the series ended, I've wanted them to remake Marathon. But at this point it's probably a bad idea. Bungie seems like the kind of company that should keep moving forward, whereas Id is the kind of company that has been remaking the same game for their entire existence.

Although a tactical sim based in the Marathon universe could be pretty cool.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The only question so far left unansweredGraham 4/16/06 8:23 p.m.
     Re: The only question so far left unansweredkyjel 4/16/06 8:34 p.m.
           Re: The only question so far left unansweredCubicCircle 4/16/06 9:40 p.m.
                 Re: The only question so far left unansweredBob-B-Q 4/17/06 5:17 a.m.
                       Re: The only question so far left unansweredDean 4/17/06 12:28 p.m.
                             Re: The only question so far left unansweredBlake37 4/17/06 12:41 p.m.
                                   Re: The only question so far left unansweredMatt 4/17/06 1:57 p.m.
                                         Re: The only question so far left unansweredMiguel Chavez 5/14/06 1:51 a.m.
                             Re: The only question so far left unansweredNicholai 4/17/06 1:41 p.m.
                                   Re: The only question so far left unansweredRyokoTK 4/18/06 3:19 a.m.
                                   Re: The only question so far left unansweredAlfredMordeir 5/15/06 9:41 a.m.
     Re: The only question so far left unansweredTDJ 4/18/06 9:33 a.m.
           Re: The only question so far left unansweredGraham 4/20/06 7:53 p.m.
                 Re: The only question so far left unansweredJohn Denton 5/16/06 9:07 a.m.
                       Re: The only question so far left unansweredukimalefu 5/16/06 9:49 a.m.
                             Re: The only question so far left unansweredJohn Denton 5/16/06 11:08 a.m.
                             Re: The only question so far left unansweredJohn Denton 5/16/06 11:19 a.m.
                       Re: The only question so far left unansweredForrest of B.org 5/16/06 10:35 a.m.
                             Re: The only question so far left unansweredJohn Denton 5/16/06 11:13 a.m.
                                   Re: The only question so far left unansweredForrest of B.org 5/16/06 6:12 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.