/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Aleph One Release
Posted By: treellamaDate: 5/7/06 10:56 a.m.

We are pleased to announce that the newest stable release of Aleph One
is available. You can download it from the engine home page or directly from our sourceforge files page.

You can read the full release notes here.

A sampling of the new features:

Aleph One now supports hardware texture compression, providing much faster load times and reducing lag in-game, when using converted textures. We've converted the Total Texture Enhancement Package to use the new format, you can download it from http://lhowon.org

Support for a new "Unimap" format, so that separate Mac/SDL versions of scenarios and maps are no longer necessary. You can read about the "Unimap" here and download "Unimap" versions of M1A1, Marathon 2, and Marathon Infinity from http://lhowon.org

Aleph One can now configure the ports it needs to gather from behind UPnP-enabled routers. You can enable this by going to the "Other Stuff" tab in the Setup Network Game screen, and checking the UPnP checkbox. You may need to enable UPnP on your router, as well.

We have removed the need for DLLs for the Windows version of Aleph One, and changed the install procedure to match that of the Mac version: just copy AlephOne.exe (and Fonts / Themes if they're not already there) into the directory where the data files are stored.

An experimental Mac OS X SDL Universal Binary is available for Intel Macs

Read about lots of other feature additions, Lua enhancements, and bug fixes in the release notes.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Aleph One Releasetreellama 5/7/06 10:56 a.m.
     Re: Aleph One ReleaseDeathmonger 5/7/06 4:48 p.m.
     Re: Aleph One ReleaseNicholai 5/8/06 5:55 p.m.
           Re: Aleph One ReleaseMartin 5/9/06 3:25 a.m.
                 Re: Aleph One ReleaseForrest of B.org 5/9/06 9:29 a.m.
     Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)C Lund 5/10/06 9:37 a.m.
           Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)treellama 5/10/06 10:44 a.m.
                 Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)C Lund 5/10/06 1:44 p.m.
                       Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)Forrest of B.org 5/10/06 1:47 p.m.
                             Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)C Lund 5/12/06 11:51 p.m.
                                   Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)treellama 5/13/06 3:54 a.m.
                                         Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)C Lund 5/13/06 11:09 p.m.
                                               Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)treellama 5/14/06 6:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)C Lund 5/14/06 10:45 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)Forrest of B.org 5/15/06 7:33 a.m.
                                                           Re: Bug (Re: Aleph One Release)treellama 5/15/06 8:49 a.m.
     I can't get it to work.reagan64 5/16/06 10:13 a.m.
           Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 5/16/06 11:22 a.m.
                 Re: I can't get it to work.reagan64 5/16/06 1:34 p.m.
                       Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 5/16/06 6:22 p.m.
                             Re: I can't get it to work.reagan64 offline 5/18/06 9:55 a.m.
                                   Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 5/18/06 10:14 a.m.
                                         Ah, thanks. *NM*reagan64 5/19/06 6:10 p.m.
           Re: I can't get it to work.thegreg 7/29/06 10:36 a.m.
                 Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 7/29/06 10:59 a.m.
                       Re: I can't get it to work.thegreg 7/29/06 11:18 a.m.
                             Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 7/29/06 1:06 p.m.
                                   Re: I can't get it to work.thegreg 7/29/06 1:56 p.m.
                                         Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 7/29/06 2:38 p.m.
                                               Re: I can't get it to work.thegreg 7/29/06 4:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: I can't get it to work.Forrest of B.org 7/31/06 8:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: I can't get it to work.thegreg 8/1/06 12:22 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 8/1/06 3:19 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 8/1/06 3:26 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I can't get it to work.thegreg 8/2/06 7:24 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I CAN get it to work.thegreg 8/2/06 7:34 p.m.
                                                                                         Good to hear it's working *NM*treellama 8/3/06 4:54 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I can't get it to work.Forrest of B.org 8/1/06 8:42 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I can't get it to work.treellama 8/2/06 3:04 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.