/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Interesting idea
Posted By: CubicCircleDate: 4/16/06 3:27 a.m.

I spend alot of time pondering different notions that pop up in my head, and every now and then, something Marathon related comes to mind. Today I had such an experience. Picture this, if you will: A game mode in marathon that worked as follows;
Two teams, one Phor, one human, the Pfhor vastly outnumbering the humans.
Each map has all the Marathon mission types possible, i.e. a chip to pick up and insert somewhere else, bobs to babysit, a point to be explored or just plain carnage. The humans get ONE of these objectives to complete randomly at the start, but get this, the Pfhor will have no idea as to which one! They will have to deploy their forces to guard as many of the objectives as they can, which will leave them vulnerable if the objctive is extermination. So the bobs pop up at a random location, unknown to both sides, and the humans (or perhaps just one cyborg) make their/its way towards the objective, batteling or avoiding Pfhor troop movement. The cyborgs, of course, has a motion tracker to aid them in avoiding unnessesary combat.
I don't know, maybe this could be achieved with the Aleph one engine. The Pfhor team doesn't even need to have a "weapons in hand" animation, so long as they look and behave like the Pfhor characters they play as, i.e. same speed and attacks etc.
I don't know, it's still, in my humble oppinion, a pretty cool idea.
I'd sure go for being a fighter posted to guard a dark corridor to nowhere, whisteling away in the shadows, trying to jump anyone who comes through the door.
Who would you be?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Interesting ideaCubicCircle 4/16/06 3:27 a.m.
     Re: Interesting ideaBob-B-Q 4/16/06 6:28 a.m.
     Re: Interesting ideathermoplyae 4/16/06 2:59 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.