/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Do I really even have to try?
Posted By: wal*mart cart pusherDate: 2/23/06 11:54 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Do I really even have to try? (thermoplyae)

: No, I'm pretty sure you should say more than 'this would be cool and if you
: think otherwise then you're just being a bad person.' If we all agreed
: with you, then you wouldn't have to state your position at all. If you
: wanted to convince us, then you probably should say something more than
: that.

: I myself would probably play the "next gen Marathon" if it were
: ever created and released, but I'm not entirely sure that it would have
: the same pull for me... part of why I like AlephOne so much is that it
: stayed true to the original feel of the game and its engine. The AI is
: retarded, strafe running is faster than running, the lighting is totally
: fake, etc. I like how it's part of my childhood.

: But there I go, being selfish.

I second that notion of you not being selfish! I would hate to see a Revamped A1 Engine because that would take away certain rights of people to make mods based on Marathon for Other games (like Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition, or for what I am planning to beging in the Summer of 2007, a MOD for Half-Life 2 Deathmatch's version of Valve's Source Engine). It would be a bummer to have to pay for something that has already been released to the public.
As far as childhood is concerned, Marathon was my first FPS. My dad's classroom had a PowerComputing Powerbase 180 (it was a Kick-Butt Macintosh clone. It was more powerful that any other macintosh at the time. It could even run windows 95 if you put a Hard Drive with Windows 95 in it;) ). The first time I played Marathon was when my dad first booted up this Cross-Platform Power Macintosh clone. The software Package came with a game called "Weekend Wariors". On that Weekend Wariors disk was the Marathon demo. I had a blast playing it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

To laugh or to cryPurple Penguin 2/18/06 7:50 p.m.
     OMG! *NM*ukimalefu 2/18/06 9:01 p.m.
     Cru7el taunt :P *NM*kyjel 2/18/06 10:39 p.m.
     Re: To laugh or to crytreellama 2/19/06 4:22 a.m.
           wait wait wait I don't get itNicholai 2/19/06 4:36 p.m.
                 Re: wait wait wait I don't get itthermoplyae 2/19/06 5:11 p.m.
                       Re: wait wait wait I don't get itCallie21V 2/20/06 5:39 p.m.
                             *Injects Marathon intravenously* *NM*Me_43 2/20/06 5:42 p.m.
     Re: To laugh or to cry1337n00blar 2/19/06 9:19 p.m.
           Re: To laugh or to cryDave 2/19/06 11:08 p.m.
                 Re: To laugh or to cryAndrew Nagy (school) 2/20/06 5:01 a.m.
                       Re: To laugh or to cryCallie21V 2/20/06 5:36 p.m.
                             Re: To laugh or to cryAfroRyan 2/20/06 7:44 p.m.
                                   Re: To laugh or to crythermoplyae 2/21/06 8:11 a.m.
                                         Do I really even have to try?AfroRyan 2/21/06 11:13 a.m.
                                               Re: Do I really even have to try?thermoplyae 2/21/06 2:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Do I really even have to try?wal*mart cart pusher 2/23/06 11:54 a.m.
                                                           Re: Do I really even have to try?Ender 2/23/06 1:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Do I really even have to try?Andrew Nagy 2/23/06 4:31 p.m.
                                                           Re: Do I really even have to try?AfroRyan 2/24/06 6:40 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Do I really even have to try?Document 9/29/06 7:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Do I really even have to try?AfroRyan 9/30/06 9:38 a.m.
                                   Re: To laugh or to cryAndrew Nagy (school) 2/21/06 9:07 a.m.
                                         Re: To laugh or to cryAfroRyan 2/21/06 11:09 a.m.
                                               Re: To laugh or to cryEnder 2/21/06 11:44 a.m.
                                                     Re: To laugh or to cry1337n00blar 2/21/06 3:35 p.m.
                                                           Re: To laugh or to crythermoplyae 2/21/06 4:55 p.m.
                                                                 Re: To laugh or to cryAndrew Nagy 2/21/06 7:03 p.m.
                                                     Re: To laugh or to cryAfroRyan 2/21/06 7:38 p.m.
                                               Re: To laugh or to cryAndrew Nagy (school) 2/21/06 1:44 p.m.
                                                     Re: To laugh or to cryAndrew Nagy 2/6/08 6:19 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.