/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Read
Posted By: wal*mart cart pusherDate: 2/23/06 10:23 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Read (thermoplyae)

: You wait a couple hours, do something productive with your life, and then try
: again. OH HEY IT'S BACK UP.

Good point, but that means you have to go to the Mariusnet server every time you want to play a Multiplayer game of Marathon over the internet. That means it is definately not a LAN game because it still relies on a central server to run. A good example of the likeness of Mariusnet is the World of Warcraft Server, everything is centralised and you have to pay for starting and renting a server (the differnce between WoW and Mariusserver is paying rent for a server).
In Hamachi, every person in your Hamachi network(which unlike Mariusnet which goes down and then nobody can play) is connected to your server, even when your computer (with you as the host) is off, other people in your network are still connected to eachother. You are the admin of any Hamachi Network you create.

Before you guys start flaming me again, and if you have a PC (it is more stable than the Macintosh port of Hamachi) at least try it. My network's name is "wal*mart's carts" and the password is "poop". Try it out before you start judging the program. At least I gave Mariusenet a chance. Could you try doing me this one little favor and try it out just so I can at least dhow you what I am trying to say (I am better at explaning with showing by example).
One final thing you must note, the Mariusnet central server's (their only server) hard drive crashed about a week ago (check the Marathon: Open Source Project's webpage for this piece of news) and only, like , 5 days ago (that's a 2 day wait for productivity) it was finally fixed. That being the Only server (unlike hamachi where you are the hosting server for multiple LAN games)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Hamachi for Mac OSX!!!!!wal*mart cart pusher 2/21/06 5:35 a.m.
     Anyone considering Hamachi: Readthermoplyae 2/21/06 8:22 a.m.
           Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: ReadEnder 2/21/06 11:34 a.m.
           Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Readwal*mart cart pusher 2/22/06 3:38 p.m.
                 Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Readthermoplyae 2/22/06 11:04 p.m.
                       Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Readwal*mart cart pusher 2/23/06 10:23 a.m.
                             Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Readthermoplyae 2/23/06 5:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Readwal*mart cart pusher 2/24/06 4:37 a.m.
                                         Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Readwal*mart cart pusher 2/24/06 4:40 a.m.
           Re: Anyone considering Hamachi: Readwal*mart cart pusher 2/23/06 11:27 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.