/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a li
Posted By: Andrew NagyDate: 2/18/06 9:15 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a li (Vid Boi)

: I'm sorry to say that I find the whole Bungie.Net site absolutely useless. It
: is the slowest website I have ever seen, regardless of what browser I
: use, and the design is quite terrible with an enormous blob obscuring
: large parts of the text you want to read.

When using MSIE under Windows, I save Bungie.net pages as plain HTML, and then open them again; that seems to remove the blob. Not sure how it blob behaves on other platforms and browsers.

Alternatively, I start up Basilisk II (a Mac emulator for OS X, Linux and Windows) and use WannaBe, the greatest Web browser ever devised. It always displays nothing but text, regardless of what annoying features a Web designer tries to come up with. Too bad there's no OS X version. (Also too bad it gets so confused when people say "less than 3" on Bungie.org forums.)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a linkBlayne 2/15/06 9:46 a.m.
     Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liDeathmonger 2/15/06 11:06 a.m.
           Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liEnder 2/15/06 11:17 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liEnder 2/15/06 11:20 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liDeathmonger 2/15/06 11:26 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liReiginko 2/15/06 4:36 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liForrest of B.org 2/15/06 10:04 p.m.
                                   ThanksBlayne 2/16/06 10:55 a.m.
     Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liVid Boi 2/18/06 8:50 a.m.
           Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liAndrew Nagy 2/18/06 9:15 a.m.
           Re: Bungie.net's Essay contest - in search of a liEnder 2/19/06 4:22 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.