/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon LAN Games
Posted By: wal*mart cart pusherDate: 2/16/06 6:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon LAN Games (treellama)

: As always :)

Hey I understood the confusion after I read what I had posted. So here I am to clarify things. It really is as fast as I say it is, however, there really is no encryption to deal with. During the install of Hamachi, the program installs a network adapter (software using your connection. Used mainly in WindowsXP and Windows 2000 Pro.). Then (and this is almost the only time it happens) it aquires and assigns IP for you to use to log into their server to verify your identity (dont worry all they verify is your Hamachi Nickname and password). When you log in to Hamachi your ID is verified, then they just leave you alone. When you Create a network it is up to you to tell your friends (who should have the same program) the name of it and the password to get in. "Where's your ID stored?" you may ask. In response i would say "It is in the Hamachi program folder, and nowhere else." No one can get in your system unless you have Network File Sharing turned on (it is also to your discretoin which files to share). If you have a wireless DSL, I recomend that you make sure that you have at least a 2.5Mb/s connection. I have cable internet and so at my lower speed can host games normally.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon LAN Gameswal*amrt cart pusher 2/15/06 4:39 a.m.
     Re: Marathon LAN GamesJohannes Gunnar 2/15/06 7:16 a.m.
           Re: Marathon LAN Gameswal*mart cart pusher 2/15/06 7:27 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon LAN GamesEnder 2/15/06 11:19 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon LAN Gameswal*mart cart pusher 2/16/06 5:53 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon LAN GamesEnder 2/16/06 11:28 a.m.
     Re: Marathon LAN Gamestreellama 2/15/06 1:34 p.m.
           Re: Marathon LAN GamesEnder 2/15/06 3:28 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon LAN Gamestreellama 2/15/06 4:35 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon LAN Gameswal*mart cart pusher 2/16/06 6:12 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon LAN Gamestreellama 2/16/06 8:39 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon LAN Gameswal*mart cart pusher 2/17/06 6:07 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon LAN Gamestreellama 2/17/06 6:16 a.m.
                                               :D *NM*thermoplyae 2/17/06 9:44 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon LAN GamesAndrew Nagy 2/17/06 7:52 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon LAN Gamestreellama 2/18/06 3:47 a.m.
           Re: Marathon LAN Gameswal*mart cart pusher 2/16/06 6:29 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon LAN Gamestreellama 2/16/06 8:48 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon LAN Gamesthermoplyae 2/16/06 9:11 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon LAN GamesAndrew Nagy 2/16/06 9:19 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon LAN Gameswal*mart cart pusher 2/17/06 5:58 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.