/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Blayne
Posted By: BlayneDate: 1/29/06 11:00 p.m.

In Response To: Blayne (Blake37)

: Anywho, I found this website ( here ) that does shirts
: for about 13.90 apiece, which is great for buying just one, but do you
: know about the quality? They say they use digital printing for jpgs, but I
: have no idea if that's good, bad, or ugly.

From their website:

"Any digital image that is not in the shape of a rectangle will show a white film from the digital transparency when the image is placed on a dark colored shirt. Digital designs ARE NOT transparent."

and

"All digital prints, especially with darker colors, are prone to fading over time. Careful washing can preserve your design very well for 1 - 2 years."

The above reflects "Spreadshirts" digital shirt design option. It's essentially a fabric Iron-on. The other option which uses a digital plotter would be of better quality, but I don't know what the higher quality price would be - it's not made clear on the website.

Plotter printer designsare similar to dark-fabric iron-ons. Nice quality, but like the Superman logo one I made myself last year - can wrinkle, etc.

The reason why single purchase items online aren't done in silkscreen (that I've ever seen, anyhow) is because of the setup process required. Burning a screen for that print, the ink, etc. It's not profitable for most made-to-order websites.

I can't produce any shirts until at least the summer, but I am looking into Marathon fabric patches for production soon. (Think those ones you see on the shoulders of Stargate SG-1 actors jackets)

If you want to try out this website Blake37, go ahead. Just don't opt for the Digital option (the one that uses Jpeg's or .pngs). If you want a decent logo, try to get the Vector-graphic format of the logo and submit that for their Plotter-printer method shirt.

Regards,
-Blayne

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

BlayneBlake37 1/29/06 2:12 a.m.
     Re: BlayneBlayne 1/29/06 11:00 p.m.
           Re: BlayneBlake37 1/30/06 3:49 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.