/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Aleph One won't start for me!
Posted By: Johannes GunnarDate: 1/24/06 5:18 a.m.

ok, here's the deal. bouncing icon, and then it disappears. It used to give me "program unexpectedly quit" messeges before but now nothing and the A1 log says NOTHING.

i got a G4 iMac, 800mhz with 256mb RAM and a G4 iBook, 1.33ghz with 256mb RAM. And both have the latest Tiger and so on. I first realized Aleph One didn't work some weeks/months ago on my iBook, and i thought it was because of my monitor setup mb (i got a really old CRT working along with the iBook using screen spanning doctor) but nothing changes when i unplug the monitor. It's not the preferences file. See, i have a different preference file for each installation of aleph one and i got a bunch of aleph one's. None works, and trashing pref files does nothing.

now today, i decided to test this on my G4 iMac so i get a fresh copy of Minf on it along with the latest A1 and blam... it even bounces less than on my G4 iBook and quits.

So, this is not my monitor setup, this is not hardware failure, nor is it a pfh*cked up copy of A1, Marathon or the pref file.

can anyone tell me what the heck is going on and how i can fix this? it's kinda ironic that finally when i move from 56k over to 4mbit DSL i can't even launch A1 to play online. :(

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Aleph One won't start for me!Johannes Gunnar 1/24/06 5:18 a.m.
     Re: Aleph One won't start for me!ukimalefu 1/24/06 6:36 a.m.
           Re: Aleph One won't start for me!Johannes Gunnar 1/24/06 6:54 a.m.
                 Re: Aleph One won't start for me!thermoplyae 1/24/06 8:43 a.m.
                       Re: Aleph One won't start for me!Johannes Gunnar 1/24/06 9:55 a.m.
     Re: Aleph One won't start for me!treellama 1/24/06 2:54 p.m.
           Re: Aleph One won't start for me!Johannes Gunnar 1/24/06 3:24 p.m.
                 Re: Aleph One won't start for me!treellama 1/24/06 3:45 p.m.
                       Re: Aleph One won't start for me!Johannes Gunnar 1/26/06 11:32 a.m.
                             Re: Aleph One won't start for me!treellama 1/26/06 4:19 p.m.
                                   Re: Aleph One won't start for me!ukimalefu 1/26/06 8:58 p.m.
                                         Re: Aleph One won't start for me!Johannes Gunnar 1/27/06 5:06 a.m.
                                               Re: Aleph One won't start for me!ukimalefu 1/27/06 9:20 a.m.
                                                     Re: Aleph One won't start for me!Andrew Nagy 1/27/06 9:39 a.m.
                                                     Re: Aleph One won't start for me!treellama 1/27/06 2:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: Aleph One won't start for me!Johannes Gunnar 1/28/06 3:58 a.m.
           it was and is set to 44100 Hz.. still doesn't work *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/26/06 12:14 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.