/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

We are all BoBs
Posted By: JJDate: 1/22/06 6:05 a.m.

Hey guys.

www.bornonboard.com is availible for registration right now, I just checked. If I weren't about to step away from the internet for a few months, I'd grab it, because that'd be a perfect domain for a Marathon/Halo-exclusive community supersite. There are lots of sites out there concerning these games, but I really feel that the community (or fraternity, really) has never had a 'core,' that it was born of an age before the internet catered to such things. I think we deserve to have the 'BoB' domain made into a site that incorporates all things space-bungie.

After all, are we not all veterans of UESC Marathon? Are we not all BoBs, orphaned and alienated by creators concerned only with heating their homes and feeding their children?

Perhaps if bornonboard.com had existed, the many efforts of the Marathon revival projects could have been centered, talents focused, and great things could've been done. Though the technology of M is quite obsolete, the story and the very game itself could be revived. Who among you wouldn't like to see a real 'Halothon' hammered into the husk of Halo CE? I'm not saying it isn't impossible, I'm saying I'd rather have a different place to grouse about it and G4 sunbathing, at the same time.

I'm not sure what a well-designed site would do in this day and age, but if it existed, specifically dedicated to BoBs like you and me, something light and fan-owned/operated, with a lot of old and new content, I'd surf to it.

I suppose you could think of it as perhaps a UESC Marathon VFW, or an 'Old BoB's Home,' some place where we could horde all the old, good Marathon Maps and Models, bitch about the absence of a Grunt plush doll (talking or no), put up a faq for installing and operating Aleph 1 on any system, speculate on hacking into Halo CE, and a portal to reincorporate back into the fray the haggared few who suddenly get nostalgic about the series, and google for it, finding information scattered across the web and globe as if by wind, saying 'hang the sense of it' and moving along. I say this because it is my own experience, because I was also about to move along.

I think it'd be a worthy effort, for we are all BoBs.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

We are all BoBsJJ 1/22/06 6:05 a.m.
     Re: We are all BoBsEnder 1/22/06 7:43 a.m.
           Re: We are all BoBsJJ 1/22/06 1:26 p.m.
                 Re: We are all BoBsForrest of B.org 1/23/06 7:16 a.m.
                       Re: We are all BoBsRyokoTK 1/23/06 12:01 p.m.
                             Re: We are all BoBsukimalefu 1/23/06 6:56 p.m.
                                   Re: We are all BoBsRyokoTK 1/23/06 7:07 p.m.
                       Re: We are all BoBsVid Boi 1/26/06 5:09 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.