/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Status
Posted By: C LundDate: 1/10/06 2:52 a.m.

No, it's not done yet. Besides the minor bugs, texture tweaks, beta testing, and so on, two large tasks remain before the release;

First, the weapon sprites. The old low-res sprites look awful when everything else is in high resolution. I haven't been able to reach the guy who made the original sprites (one email address bounces and the other is silent). It would have been very convenient if he could re-render them at higher resolutions, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. This means I'll have to do the weapons by photoshop, and that'll take a while (I considered using Blender, but learning to use it properly would probably take me even longer). But it's doable, even though it'll take a while. (cringes at the prospect of having to redraw every single pistol frame by hand)

The second task involves a bug and a needed feature in Aleph One. I considered posting requests on the AO dev pages like everybody else does, but my requests would drown in all the other zillion requests that have been made. The bug in question is related to the way the view tag is handled by AO. I've made a small level that demonstrates this for anybody who wants to take a look. You need AO and the infinity shapes to play it. This bug screws up the visuals of two of the levels.
The feature I'd like to have implemented is the ability to use MML to set preference defaults or to override "wrong" settings. It's the fog and untextured "smear" prefs I'm thinking about here. One is already set "right" by default. The fog has to be on, and the untextured surfaces have to stay untextured. The wrong settings for both will mess up the visuals.

Other features I would like to see implemented is to be able to enable / disable teleporting effects when entering or leaving a level, letting both triggers of multipurpose weapons use the same firing sequence (set by MML), and to use custom (or at least infinity-themed) loading bars. These aren't vital though.

Any of the dev guys reading this?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

StatusC Lund 1/10/06 2:52 a.m.
     Re: Statusgoran 1/10/06 6:57 a.m.
           Re: StatusBlake37 1/10/06 7:17 a.m.
     Re: Statusthermoplyae 1/10/06 12:28 p.m.
     those pics look GREAT! keep going please! *NM*ukimalefu 1/10/06 12:34 p.m.
           You think I'd stop *now*?? ;) *NM*C Lund 1/11/06 12:12 a.m.
     Re: Statustreellama 1/10/06 3:15 p.m.
           Re: StatusC Lund 1/10/06 10:29 p.m.
                 Re: Statustreellama 1/11/06 2:53 a.m.
                       Re: Statustreellama 1/11/06 2:59 a.m.
                       Re: StatusC Lund 1/11/06 3:49 a.m.
                             Re: Statustreellama 1/11/06 4:37 a.m.
                                   Re: StatusC Lund 1/11/06 12:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Statustreellama 1/11/06 1:41 p.m.
                                               Re: StatusC Lund 1/13/06 3:03 a.m.
                                                     Re: Statustreellama 1/13/06 4:55 a.m.
                                                           Re: StatusC Lund 1/13/06 11:54 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Statustreellama 1/13/06 1:41 p.m.
                                                                       Re: StatusC Lund 1/13/06 11:00 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Statustreellama 1/14/06 4:16 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: StatusC Lund 1/14/06 4:32 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Statustreellama 1/14/06 5:22 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: StatusC Lund 1/14/06 6:18 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Statustreellama 1/14/06 8:03 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: StatusC Lund 1/14/06 9:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Statustreellama 1/14/06 10:04 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Statusthermoplyae 1/14/06 1:51 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: StatusRyokoTK 1/14/06 2:00 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: StatusSpeaker-To-Animals 1/14/06 5:46 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: StatusForrest of B.org 1/15/06 7:11 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: StatusDaniel 1/15/06 8:04 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: StatusForrest of B.org 1/15/06 8:26 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: StatusDaniel 1/15/06 8:27 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Statustreellama 1/16/06 5:07 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Statustreellama 1/16/06 4:42 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Statustreellama 1/16/06 5:12 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: StatusDaniel 1/17/06 7:55 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Statustreellama 1/17/06 10:55 a.m.
                 Re: Statustreellama 1/13/06 5:06 a.m.
                       Re: StatusC Lund 1/13/06 11:57 a.m.
     Re: StatusSpeaker-To-Animals 1/10/06 7:30 p.m.
           Re: StatusC Lund 1/10/06 10:32 p.m.
     Rubicon X is why I got an OSX capable Mac ^^ *NM*kyjel 1/12/06 4:17 p.m.
           Re: StatusShadowbreaker 1/16/06 12:15 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.