/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Xmas submarine available
Posted By: LegacyTyphoonDate: 1/9/06 1:43 a.m.

In Response To: Xmas submarine available (goran)

: click here
Okay, here's my review of it:
Its pretty cool, and was a decent balance of a challenge and good fun (For me at least...). I loved the new textures and the storyline was not only humorous, but it was well written. I enjoyed reading the terminals and even finding the hidden ones. The level design was great for the most part, enemy placement didn't make it insanely hard and there was enough ammo and the weapon placement kept it interesting (eg: you didn't get any high-end weapons until you needed them...) I have a few complaints about some the levels though. First, in some area's the placement of some of the textures seemed like it was placed by a man who should be in a psychiatric ward...no offense. If you were trying to give the area a certain appearance I understand, but it was sometimes hard for me to tell if there was a path because the whole screen was filled with blue. Another thing, on a couple of the levels, (namely the hidden switch hunt levels) it was hard to find things or even get anywhere (some of the areas looked alike so I ended up walking in circles.)...oh there's a hidden panel!! Oh, there's nothing that looks like a switch...oh, look I'll punch it in frustration and behold, it IS a switch...now I have to back track and find all the other odd wall panels that look like this and beat them in with a vengence...no, of course I'm not annoyed... >:( Well, it wasn't THAT bad, but those levels got old after a while.
There was also a glitch that kept happening when I tried to play coop. This strange error kept popping up whenever I would go into a room that had enemies, and a large number of the same textures in it. Sometimes, it would just happen when I went into a room with enemies. I can't remember the exact error, but I'll try hosting a coop again and then copy it down. It appears 4-6 times in a row before going away.
Overall, I think it was a great scenario and I'm definitely going to go play it again. Good work guys!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Xmas submarine availablegoran 1/2/06 12:06 p.m.
     Updated *bug fixed* v 1.2 *NM*goran 1/3/06 9:14 a.m.
           You mean I must download again? *NM*ukimalefu 1/3/06 11:03 a.m.
                 yes - or put a knife in your belly *NM*goran 1/3/06 11:47 a.m.
                       :( @ multiple tanks in smallish corridorsthermoplyae 1/3/06 1:40 p.m.
     Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/5/06 3:59 p.m.
           Re: Xmas submarine availablegoran 1/5/06 11:53 p.m.
           Re: Xmas submarine availablegoran 1/6/06 5:03 a.m.
                 Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/6/06 9:40 a.m.
                       Re: Xmas submarine availablegoran 1/6/06 12:20 p.m.
                             Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/6/06 1:48 p.m.
           Re: Xmas submarine availabletreellama 1/6/06 1:59 p.m.
                 Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/6/06 4:52 p.m.
                       Re: Xmas submarine availabletreellama 1/6/06 6:35 p.m.
                             Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/7/06 3:44 a.m.
                                   Re: Xmas submarine availabletreellama 1/8/06 11:41 a.m.
                                         Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/8/06 3:33 p.m.
                                               Re: Xmas submarine availabletreellama 1/8/06 3:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/8/06 3:57 p.m.
                                                           Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/8/06 4:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Xmas submarine availabletreellama 1/8/06 4:37 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/8/06 4:42 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Xmas submarine availablethermoplyae 1/8/06 6:29 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/9/06 9:51 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Xmas submarine availabletreellama 1/9/06 2:09 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/9/06 2:18 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Xmas submarine availabletreellama 1/9/06 3:43 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Xmas submarine availableBlake37 1/9/06 3:48 p.m.
                                                                                                           How much of AO does this apply to? *NM*thermoplyae 1/9/06 10:21 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Huh? How much of Aleph One does *what* apply to? *NM*treellama 1/10/06 2:44 p.m.
                 Re: Xmas submarine availablegoran 1/7/06 12:25 a.m.
                       Oh, you're one of *them* ... .sit it is then :) *NM*treellama 1/7/06 5:25 a.m.
     Re: Xmas submarine availableLegacyTyphoon 1/9/06 1:43 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.