/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

WANTED: omg 1337 hax0rz
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 11/23/05 5:37 p.m.

Sorry for using this forum as my own personal classifieds, but I'm having a hell of a time filling a particular position on the Eternal team... in fact it's the one position I've always had a the hardest time filling.

I'm looking for a hax0r. By which I mean mostly, someone who can kick Anvil's ass and do neat things like monster stacking without the major productivity-sapping headaches I get every time I even try to work with that damn program. Basically someone skilled with manipulating shapes collections/sequences and physics models well. An understanding of the finer intricacies of MML (particularly as relating to variables of the weapon HUD display) would also be nice, but I can possibly find someone else to do that.

What I need this person for is mainly two things:

1) Importing a variety of exiting monster collections from M1, "stacked" alongside other monsters already in Eternal. Later, once the bitmaps are created, a couple new monsters will also need to be imported in this way.

2) Fixing up and sometimes modifying the function and animation of most of the weapons. Not creating new bitmaps (although I'm looking for someone who can do that, too), but aligning sequences better, twiddling with physics and stuff to make things "feel" right. The HUD MML is also fux0red too (which is why there are no ammo displays in Mk V - couldn't make them work right), so MML skills would be useful here.

If anybody can help with this, please please please please please contact me. Pay includes my personal gratitude and a prestigious byline very near to the top of the Eternal X credits.

Also, if you are or if you know anybody graphically talented (2D or 3D) who thinks they may be able to help with making a new monster or three, and/or possibly revising the weapons, please contact me as well. Also feel free to foward/copy this to any other relevant forums you read. Thank you.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

WANTED: omg 1337 hax0rzForrest of B.org 11/23/05 5:37 p.m.
     Re: WANTED: omg 1337 hax0rzShadowbreaker 11/27/05 6:04 p.m.
           Re: WANTED: omg 1337 hax0rzAndrew Nagy 11/27/05 6:24 p.m.
                 Re: WANTED: omg 1337 hax0rzShadowbreaker 11/27/05 6:53 p.m.
                       Tried wget? *NM*Andrew Nagy 11/28/05 6:08 a.m.
           Re: WANTED: omg 1337 hax0rzSimon/team Sigma 11/28/05 1:14 a.m.
                 Re: WANTED: omg 1337 hax0rzgoran 11/28/05 3:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.