/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: M2 Hi-Res textures
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 11/21/05 4:42 a.m.

In Response To: M2 Hi-Res textures (ukimalefu)

: It looks weird. And why is it so dark!?

First of all, do you have at least "thousands of colors" selected in the graphics prefs? Better still is "millions of colors", but you cannot use these textures with only 256 colors.

Secondly, have you tried adjusting the lightness in your graphics prefs? You can also change brightness in game, but I forget which function keys do this in AO.

Third, do you have any 3D models in your AO folder? This once threw me off when I downloaded a beta of 3D fighter models for Infinity. They do look cool, but they aren't compatible with the high-res textures and they make everything look very, very dark if you combine the two.

Fourthly, you might want to try adjusting your OpenGL settings. The only things you need checked are Do Map in OpenGL (you won't have map mode if you don't), Do Flashes/Tinting in OpenGL and Pipe 2D Graphics through OpenGL (again, no map mode without this). You can also check Make Static Effects Look Flat if the graphics card in your old iMac is just too limited to handle things. As a last resort, you can use the checkbox at the top to replace your landscape textures with a solid color, but I'd rather do without high-res textures than do that.

Hope this helps.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

M2 Hi-Res texturesukimalefu 11/20/05 4:30 p.m.
     Re: M2 Hi-Res texturesSteve Levinson 11/21/05 4:42 a.m.
           Re: M2 Hi-Res texturesukimalefu 11/21/05 4:28 p.m.
                 Re: M2 Hi-Res texturesSteve Levinson 11/22/05 6:33 a.m.
                       Re: M2 Hi-Res texturesukimalefu 11/22/05 10:27 a.m.
                             I don't know what did it, but I fixed it.ukimalefu 11/22/05 11:49 a.m.
                                   Re: I don't know what did it, but I fixed it.Simon/team Sigma 11/22/05 1:03 p.m.
                                         Re: I don't know what did it, but I fixed it.ukimalefu 11/23/05 9:21 a.m.
                                               Re: I don't know what did it, but I fixed it.Blake37 11/23/05 10:20 a.m.
                                                     Re: I don't know what did it, but I fixed it.Steve Levinson 11/24/05 1:00 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.