/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Trojan Volunteers - Savage Streak
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 11/4/05 7:44 a.m.

I've been remiss - I'll try to pick up the tempo this weekend so that we can finish the Trojan Volunteers Series before the final EMR X candidate comes out, or perhaps even Rubicon X - we'll definitely need to revolunteer that one!

Savage Streak is a continuation of our forray onto the alien ship. Once again, we're here to gather information, but of course we're free to waste everything in sight while we're at it. Sounds like fun.

I have mixed feelings about this level. On the one hand, it has some truly mind-blowing visuals with one of the best command centers or ship's bridges that I've seen in any Marathon scenario. On the other hand, flow is often confusing and disjointed. As with the last level, the player has a choice of directions at the outset, one of which takes the player to a switch that must be flipped before they can finish the other direction. Not that this might not be realistic, but I have a problem with switches that are located no were near the door they open - at least there should be a reason to search for a remote switch. Of course, this is an alien ship and we're here to explore it, so there's no harm done. A bit more confusing is a switch that opens a door about halfway back - the one clue there is that the room it opens is full of aliens and the player should have little trouble remembering that it's there. More problematic is a switch near the end of the level that requires jumping down into the plasma trenches that are so prevalent here. The alcove containing the switch is barely visible and unless the player looks in map view, it is easilly missed. Finally, there is a set of wires that must be smashed that may at first not be obvious to the player. Get used to it, we'll see similar wires again shortly. After all of this and some major fighting, the player will finally come to the exit room, and then it's time to Eat Your Microwave.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakSteve Levinson 11/4/05 7:44 a.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakDr. John Sumner 11/4/05 11:21 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakSteve Levinson 11/4/05 4:05 p.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakDr. John Sumner 11/5/05 4:55 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakSteve Levinson 11/5/05 6:24 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakSteve Levinson 11/5/05 12:22 p.m.
                             Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakDr. John Sumner 11/5/05 12:39 p.m.
                                   Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakSteve Levinson 11/5/05 2:00 p.m.
                                         Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakDr. John Sumner 11/5/05 2:13 p.m.
                                               Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakDr. John Sumner 11/5/05 2:27 p.m.
                                                     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Savage StreakDr. John Sumner 11/5/05 2:47 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.