/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 10/7/05 6:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie? (C Lund)

: Umm.. I might be wrong, but I don't think LoTR was a Hollywood film. Is
: Wingnut films in Hollywood? I thought they were based in NZ.

I was thinking more of New Line. To me "Hollywood" in the sense of overbearing money-driven cliched moviemaking derives more from the publishers and other such high-level executives, the people who handle the marketing, and less from the studios themselves. The publishers just (usually) only fund crappy cliched films made by crappy cliched studios, with rare exceptions line foreign imports (Crouching Tiger), indy films that get really popular, or someone with enough clout successfully pushing a noncliched flick from a good studio (LotR).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

"ring" movie again: Peter Jackson to Produce HaloSkrolnik 10/5/05 12:17 a.m.
     And we're supposed to care because..? *NM*Bob-B-Q 10/5/05 12:47 p.m.
     *forlorn hope for a Marthon movie* *NM*kyjel 10/5/05 1:33 p.m.
           Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/5/05 11:46 p.m.
                 Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Forrest of B.org 10/6/05 6:45 a.m.
                       Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?ukimalefu 10/6/05 9:50 a.m.
                             Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/6/05 12:10 p.m.
                                   Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Forrest of B.org 10/6/05 2:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/6/05 9:50 p.m.
                                               Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Forrest of B.org 10/7/05 6:27 a.m.
                                         Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?ukimalefu 10/7/05 6:17 a.m.
                       Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/6/05 12:04 p.m.
                             Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Steve Levinson 10/6/05 5:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/6/05 10:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Vid Boi 10/6/05 11:09 p.m.
                             Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Callie21V 10/7/05 6:02 a.m.
                                   Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?ukimalefu 10/7/05 6:29 a.m.
                 Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?ukimalefu 10/6/05 9:40 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.