/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?
Posted By: C LundDate: 10/6/05 12:10 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie? (ukimalefu)

: HAL from 2001 was nothing but a red light and it had LOTS of
: "personality", in fact, I believe HAL is the main character in
: 2001. Marathon movie AIs could be something like HAL.

Yeah, but 2001 was made back in the 60s. Innovative films were still being made in Hollywood back then. Now, it seems like all Hollywood wants to do is crank out formulaic shlockbusters. I find it highly unlikely the studio bosses would want to "experiment" by using characters that are nothing but a voice and a coloured light.

I suspect you and Forrest are talking about the Marathon movie you'd like to see. I'm talking about the kind of Marathon movie I think Hollywood is most likley to upchuck.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

"ring" movie again: Peter Jackson to Produce HaloSkrolnik 10/5/05 12:17 a.m.
     And we're supposed to care because..? *NM*Bob-B-Q 10/5/05 12:47 p.m.
     *forlorn hope for a Marthon movie* *NM*kyjel 10/5/05 1:33 p.m.
           Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/5/05 11:46 p.m.
                 Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Forrest of B.org 10/6/05 6:45 a.m.
                       Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?ukimalefu 10/6/05 9:50 a.m.
                             Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/6/05 12:10 p.m.
                                   Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Forrest of B.org 10/6/05 2:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/6/05 9:50 p.m.
                                               Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Forrest of B.org 10/7/05 6:27 a.m.
                                         Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?ukimalefu 10/7/05 6:17 a.m.
                       Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/6/05 12:04 p.m.
                             Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Steve Levinson 10/6/05 5:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?C Lund 10/6/05 10:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Vid Boi 10/6/05 11:09 p.m.
                             Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?Callie21V 10/7/05 6:02 a.m.
                                   Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?ukimalefu 10/7/05 6:29 a.m.
                 Re: Are you sure you *want* a Marathon movie?ukimalefu 10/6/05 9:40 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.