/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: not to pop your bubble...
Posted By: ukimalefuDate: 9/16/05 11:37 a.m.

In Response To: Re: not to pop your bubble... (paolo mk IV)

: I feel misunderstood, may be I am not able to make myself clear. (That's
: because I am an Italian? ;)
: I knew the Halo movement started before microsoft, because I was part of
: that, and I couldn't wait to see Halo running on my mac, as Jason Jones
: showed was possible to some macworld (was it macworld?)
: That was the natural feeling, and at the time, you should remember, Halo WAS
: the natural follow-up to Marathon. Everybody felt that, Bungie as well.
: Halo was developed on a Mac and was going to be released as a Mac game for
: the Mac community.
: But then something happened, and MS bought Bungie. From that moment on,
: everything changed. The launch of Halo was postponed of more than two
: years (if I correctly remember) the game was completely rewritten, this
: time for PC. And when MS decided to lauch its own game console, HAlo was
: chosen to be the flagship game to grant and to power the success of the
: Xbox. And the launch of the Xbox has been one of the most important
: marketing/advertising campaigns in history.
: So, my friend, I am sorry to bother you with my words, but you should be
: aware that something dramatically changed during the developement of Halo,
: and this something is named Microsoft. That's why I say it again:
: "What I mean is that all this Halo movement was somehow ignited,
: being infact part of a complex, desk studied marketing campaign set up by
: microsoft/bungie" and I add "to launch the Xbox worldwide".
: That's why I feel the whole Halo Movement, fandom, communities and whatever
: more, feel more like the result of a plan than the natural result of
: people's feelings. I don't think Halo fans are faking, but I think they
: are, in a way, victims of some Microsoft marketing manager who hired
: someone to create a viral marketing on line campaign, a community and
: everything else. While on the other hand nobody ever did that for
: Marathon.

: BTW. I also feel this place is a bit like being with some very good friends,
: talking together and saying (most of the times) intelligent things...

I agree with everything, but I think Halo started being developed on a PC, but yes, it was demoed first on a Mac at Macworld expo.

I never played Halo, but I still think Marathon is the best game ever. Does halo have dual shotguns? It can't be very good if it doesn't have dual shotguns! ;^D

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Some important Marathon - Halo connections???Diego Rey Mendez 9/8/05 11:17 a.m.
     Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???Johannes Gunnar 9/8/05 11:30 a.m.
           Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???Diego Rey Mendez 9/8/05 11:35 a.m.
           Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???goran 9/11/05 9:27 p.m.
     Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???Diego Rey Mendez 9/8/05 11:41 a.m.
           Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???AfroRyan 9/8/05 1:33 p.m.
                 Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???Vid Boi 9/9/05 1:39 p.m.
                       Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???ukimalefu 9/9/05 2:42 p.m.
                             Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???Reiginko 9/11/05 12:53 a.m.
                                   I WANT to believe!!! *NM*ukimalefu 9/11/05 6:17 p.m.
                                         I want to deceive!! *NM*me_43 9/12/05 5:54 p.m.
                                               I want to reprieve!! *NM*Vid Boi 9/15/05 4:14 a.m.
                                                     I have to sneeze!! *NM*Bob-B-Q 9/15/05 5:35 a.m.
                                                           I want to grieve! *NM*Reiginko 9/15/05 6:06 a.m.
                                                                 Re: I want to conc-- uh... scratch that. *NM*MrHen 9/15/05 10:00 a.m.
                                                                       The tru7h! It's really MRS hen! *NM*Blake37 9/15/05 10:07 a.m.
                                                                             Pass me the cheese!! *NM*Bob-B-Q 9/15/05 1:50 p.m.
                                                                                   Stop it, please! *NM*Andromeda_5[Kilo] 9/17/05 2:43 p.m.
                                                                                         Jeeze *NM*kyjel 9/17/05 5:56 p.m.
                                                                                               This thread is the bee's knees! *NM*Vid Boi 9/18/05 5:30 a.m.
                                                                                                     You all deserve random fees!me_43 9/18/05 6:52 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Success! *NM*MrHen 9/19/05 5:36 a.m.
           Re: Some important Marathon - Halo connections???Bob-B-Q 9/8/05 1:48 p.m.
     uh...MrHen 9/8/05 1:37 p.m.
           Re: uh...Steve Levinson 9/8/05 6:45 p.m.
                 Please, stop itpaolo mk IV 9/9/05 10:49 p.m.
                       Re: Please, stop itAfroRyan 9/12/05 4:50 a.m.
                       not to pop your bubble...MrHen 9/12/05 8:50 a.m.
                             Re: not to pop your bubble...Blake37 9/12/05 10:26 a.m.
                             Re: not to pop your bubble...paolo mk IV 9/12/05 10:29 a.m.
                                   Re: not to pop your bubble...AfroRyan 9/12/05 11:32 a.m.
                                         Re: not to pop your bubble...paolo mk IV 9/12/05 1:15 p.m.
                                               Re: not to pop your bubble...AfroRyan 9/13/05 8:54 a.m.
                                                     Re: not to pop your bubble...Andromeda_5[Kilo] 9/13/05 9:03 a.m.
                                                           Re: not to pop your bubble...AfroRyan 9/14/05 12:03 p.m.
                                                                 Re: not to pop your bubble...Bob-B-Q 9/14/05 2:49 p.m.
                                                                       Re: not to pop your bubble...Reiginko 9/15/05 3:37 a.m.
                                                                 Re: not to pop your bubble...paolo mk IV 9/16/05 9:57 a.m.
                                                                       Re: not to pop your bubble...AfroRyan 9/16/05 10:50 a.m.
                                                                             Re: not to pop your bubble...Blake37 9/16/05 11:42 a.m.
                                                                       Re: not to pop your bubble...ukimalefu 9/16/05 11:37 a.m.
                                                                             Re: not to pop your bubble...paolo mk IV 9/16/05 1:45 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: not to pop your bubble...ukimalefu 9/17/05 7:28 a.m.
                                                                             Re: not to pop your bubble...Bob-B-Q 9/17/05 7:05 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: not to pop your bubble...ukimalefu 9/17/05 7:38 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: not to pop your bubble...paolo mk IV 9/17/05 8:08 a.m.
                                                                       Victims? I think they're pretty happy...MrHen 9/19/05 5:30 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Victims? I think they're pretty happy...AfroRyan 9/20/05 5:47 a.m.
                                                                                   oh, that's what you meant... *shudder* *NM*MrHen 9/22/05 6:33 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I have no idea what you mean by that *NM*AfroRyan 9/22/05 6:48 p.m.
                                                                                               then we agree to be confused? *NM*MrHen 9/23/05 7:52 a.m.
                             Re: not to pop your bubble...Andromeda_5[Kilo] 9/13/05 4:16 a.m.
                                   Re: not to pop your bubble...Forrest of B.org 9/13/05 4:43 p.m.
                                   Re: not to pop your bubble...ukimalefu 9/13/05 5:56 p.m.
                                         Re: not to pop your bubble...Andromeda_5[Kilo] 9/14/05 4:35 a.m.
                                         wha?MrHen 9/14/05 6:09 a.m.
                                               Re: wha?Andromeda_5[Kilo] 9/14/05 6:45 a.m.
                                         Re: not to pop your bubble...Porky 9/15/05 5:12 a.m.
                                   Re: not to pop your bubble...Vid Boi 9/15/05 4:24 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.