/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!
Posted By: RyokoTKDate: 9/6/05 4:17 p.m.

In Response To: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh! (Johannes Gunnar)

: i don't know if i am actually few years late in this discovery but well, i
: just noticed this yesterday. I mean i've always been told, and i've always
: thought that the two-fisted feature, the dual-wield, the akimbo style, was
: hardcoded into the shotgun and pistol slot. but well after some fiddling
: around with the physics trying to make one aftermath weapon dual wielded i
: noticed one strange thing.. Dual wielding is not hard coded into the
: weapon slot actually, but the weapon pickup has dual wielding hard coded.
: So lets say if i make a infinity physics model and let the flamethrower
: have the pickup as a shotgun, so when i pick up two shotguns in game.. i
: get two flamethrowers. the same counts for fusion pistol and all the other
: weapons. (tho.. i've had some problems with the rocket launcher tho.. mb i
: did something wrong with that one)

: so.. is this old news?

It's old to me. When I fiddled around with a more recent physics model for netplay, I wanted to try and get dual fusion pistols. I soon found out that, yes, it is possible for you to wield two fusion pistols, but you cannot actually carry two fusion pistols, so a situation in which you would be able to wield two fusion pistols would never come up.

And the problem with the rocket launcher stems from the fact that unlike the other guns, it is oriented at the left side of the screen, which makes it a real pain in the ass to set up the graphic so you can pick up a second one and have one on your right shoulder (that'd be fun, though :D).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Johannes Gunnar 9/6/05 9:44 a.m.
     Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Blake37 9/6/05 10:28 a.m.
     Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Forrest of B.org 9/6/05 2:36 p.m.
           Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Johannes Gunnar 9/6/05 2:42 p.m.
                 Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!me_43 9/7/05 12:00 a.m.
                       Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Johannes Gunnar 9/7/05 5:17 a.m.
                             Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Blake37 9/7/05 10:17 a.m.
                                   Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!me_43 9/7/05 7:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Johannes Gunnar 9/8/05 3:51 a.m.
                                               Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Scott Noblitt 9/8/05 4:31 a.m.
                                                     Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!me_43 9/8/05 10:25 p.m.
     Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!RyokoTK 9/6/05 4:17 p.m.
           Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Ori 9/6/05 8:36 p.m.
                 Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!RyokoTK 9/7/05 3:33 a.m.
           Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Johannes Gunnar 9/7/05 5:14 a.m.
     Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Andromeda_5[Kilo] 9/8/05 3:30 a.m.
           Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Johannes Gunnar 9/8/05 3:53 a.m.
                 Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Forrest of B.org 9/8/05 6:17 a.m.
                       Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Johannes Gunnar 9/8/05 8:50 a.m.
                             Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Forrest of B.org 9/8/05 3:25 p.m.
                                   Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Johannes Gunnar 9/9/05 3:29 a.m.
                                         Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Forrest of B.org 9/9/05 7:45 a.m.
                                               Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Blake37 9/9/05 12:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Scott Noblitt 9/9/05 1:46 p.m.
                                                     Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Forrest of B.org 9/9/05 1:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Two-fisted hardcoded into weapon slots? nu-uh!Blake37 9/9/05 2:16 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.