/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan?
Posted By: Andrew NagyDate: 9/6/05 10:52 a.m.

In Response To: I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan? (Steve Levinson)

I played two levels and wrote down some thoughts, but now that school has started, it doesn't seem practical to continue. Also, my notes are on a drive that's currently inaccessible.

My main interest is in writing a sufficiently clear argument to convince HAS to allow a release of Trojan (M1 or M2) that doesn't depend on installers. It's not like he'd be committing any time; there are plenty of people willing to do the work and host it. And he wouldn't need to "personally check and approve the results"; just take our word that nothing is modified from how he left it.

This wasn't possible in 2002, when "the absolute final answer" was given. Back then, the installers were necessary, because the M1 and M2 apps were commercial products.

I don't know if Aleph One was able to read M2 Win95 files in 2002. Maybe he thought that any porting would involve converting the data files to a different format, so they'd have to be checked for errors.

I ain't afraid of no hide-skinning. HAS should be, if he continues to suppress a scenario that all 'thonners deserve a chance to play.

Anyway. While I'm posting about Trojan: Take this file and put it in the main Trojan folder to enable music. IIRC, it assumes that the MP3s are in "Tracks", but haven't been renamed. And of course, you need a version of Aleph One in which ingame MP3 playback isn't broken.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan?Steve Levinson 9/5/05 5:36 p.m.
     Re: I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan?kyjel 9/5/05 7:34 p.m.
           Re: I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan?D-M.A. 9/6/05 3:59 a.m.
     Re: I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan?Andrew Nagy 9/6/05 10:52 a.m.
           Re: I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan?Andrew Nagy 10/31/06 2:22 p.m.
           Re: I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan?Andrew Nagy 11/16/06 11:10 a.m.
     Re: I'm back (sort of) - Anyone playing Trojan?MartiNZ 9/6/05 1:30 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.