/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

E0 Status Report - 25 Aug 2005
Posted By: Me_43Date: 8/24/05 9:09 p.m.

No, I haven't gone MIA completely (unlike Maarten. I'm really worried, and so are others.), just taken something of a sabbatical...

With E0, I have FINALLY worked out a way of making the physics *work*. It's probably going to be worth it; you all know how annoying it is at various times when a monster gets stuck in limbo, or you get a bouncy side that just won't go away, and these should become unimportant.

Unfortunately, my PC, the one with all the latest source, is still at the repairer's until tomorrow, so it may be a little longer before the damn thing works perfectly. Also, I've been working on the physics for the last fucking YEAR and really don't want to have to still have to port all manner of shit like platforms and switches and terminals (and BoBs, who I seem to end up procrastinating on...), but I'm going to have to anyway.

Trying for a start-of-2006 release date. Also graphics technology has progressed in this time and those purty models are looking extremely dated already... and, at that time, there will still be big gaps in the feature list like multiplayer, better sound (the current system is pathetic, plain and simple), AI that doesn't simply walk towards you attacking, film-recording,

But yeah, once that's all sorted out M2 (yes, I'm skipping M1 for various reasons) will need little-to-no porting and maps will be so ridiculously migratable it'll become a non-issue... hopefully... so perhaps that horde of coders will in fact turn up :hopeful smile:

It'd be nice if someone made an M2 soundtrack, hi-res/hi-color terminal pics, new menus, hi-res landscapes, etc. Blah. -shrug-

Anyway.
Peace!
L#~

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

E0 Status Report - 25 Aug 2005Me_43 8/24/05 9:09 p.m.
     Re: E0 Status Report - 25 Aug 2005blake37 8/25/05 3:22 a.m.
           Re: E0 Status Report - 25 Aug 2005Me_43 8/25/05 5:02 p.m.
                 Re: E0 Status Report - 25 Aug 2005blake37 8/25/05 5:19 p.m.
     Re: E0 Status Report - 25 Aug 2005Dylan 8/27/05 5:38 a.m.
           Re: E0 Status Report - 25 Aug 2005me_43 8/27/05 7:24 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.