/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Windows Based HEX! File viewer?
Posted By: Andrew NagyDate: 8/24/05 10:28 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Windows Based HEX! File viewer? (Dave)

: Damn. Anyway thanks.
: Buy a new computer to play marathon? I'm not that desperate! I mean I like
: Marathon and all, but I'd rather eat.

Have you actually looked at computers on eBay? I think the PowerBook 520c is the cheapest Marathon-playing laptop. Here's one now.

Installing Basilisk II would save you the trouble of having another computer taking up space, and having to get up to go between them.

Actually playing Marathon would be faster on an emulator than on a 520c, but less stable, and never as fast as a Power Mac.

If you only need to run DTB, you might be able to use an older and cheaper computer than the 520c. But I'm not sure; the 520c might be the oldest PowerBook with Ethernet.

Hmm...that PowerBook comes with an original Apple manual. Sounds pretty rare. And there are certainly other games that you can play on it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Windows based Terminal Viewer?Blayne 8/13/05 7:05 p.m.
     Re: Windows based Terminal Viewer?Andrew Nagy 8/13/05 7:41 p.m.
           Re: Windows based Terminal Viewer?sd 8/13/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Really? Can I get a copy of that app SD?Blayne 8/14/05 5:42 p.m.
                       Re: Really? Can I get a copy of that app SD?sd 8/14/05 6:44 p.m.
                             omg we got a developer amongst us! GET'IM BOYS! :P *NM*Johannes Gunnar 8/15/05 2:26 a.m.
                                   Ahh!!!!!!! *chaos insues* *NM*blake37 8/15/05 3:36 a.m.
                             Here's the reference files sdBlayne 8/15/05 4:21 p.m.
                                   Re: Here's the reference files sdAndrew Nagy 8/16/05 9:43 a.m.
                                         Random!Me_43 8/17/05 12:12 a.m.
                                               Re: Random!Andrew Nagy 8/17/05 6:14 a.m.
                                                     You want a teaser? Ask and you shall -Blayne 8/17/05 9:15 p.m.
                                                     Hahahah.I really hope you weren't being serious :P *NM*Me_43 8/18/05 5:58 p.m.
                             Windows Based HEX! File viewer?Blayne 8/22/05 8:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Windows Based HEX! File viewer?Dave 8/23/05 3:00 a.m.
                                         Re: Windows Based HEX! File viewer?Johannes Gunnar 8/23/05 3:59 a.m.
                                               Re: Windows Based HEX! File viewer?Andrew Nagy 8/23/05 9:32 a.m.
                                                     Re: Windows Based HEX! File viewer?Dave 8/24/05 2:22 a.m.
                                                           Re: Windows Based HEX! File viewer?Andrew Nagy 8/24/05 10:28 a.m.
                                   Re: Windows Based HEX! File viewer?sd 8/23/05 8:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.