/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

is my charger even worth fixing?
Posted By: LegacyTyphoonDate: 7/29/05 4:59 p.m.

Well, I was able to get my pfhuxored (hehe...pfhuxored) Apple power charger working for a little while. I had to fiddle with the cord and place it in certain positions to get it to charge my TiBook. However, recently (Yesterday.) it decided to crap out on me completely. No matter what I did it refused to show any signs of life...Well, I listened to the little-white-box (Transformer, whatever.) and it was making a weird clicking noise.

My step-dad seems to think this is repairable, but he likes to try and fix anything. And, if he can't fix it, I'll be stuck with a dead TiBook for about a week (Unless I spend an extra 20+ bucks to get over-night, which I don't want to do.) In that time the battery will probably get sucked dry and then I won't be able to charge it again (Ever.).

First off, is the thing even repairable? Second, is it even worth trying to fix the damn thing? Not only is there an internal cord break at the base of the plug that goes into the PowerBook, but the white box now has a speech impediment.

Thoughts?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

is my charger even worth fixing?LegacyTyphoon 7/29/05 4:59 p.m.
     Re: is my charger even worth fixing?Steve Levinson 7/29/05 6:19 p.m.
           Re: is my charger even worth fixing?Johannes Gunnar 7/30/05 12:59 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.