/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Jjaro Technology
Posted By: eMCeeDate: 7/26/05 7:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Jjaro Technology (Yossarian)

: Well certainly they'll fit, it's like putting a dozen tennis balls in a 55
: gallon drum: there's so much empty space between the games that there's no
: way of telling what universe they inhabit. Marathon and Halo get
: compicated because in some sense they occupy the same space (meaning time)
: but not the same details, though by no stretch of the imagination do they
: jive perfectly.

: Just because something *might* does not imply it *does*...

It does seem like Halo and Marathon share the same space, but there's no way that could ever happen. Teleportation in the Haloverse on Earth is nearly non-existant, and FTL was invented long before it ever would have in the Maraverse. I would flat out give up even thinking Halo and Marathon could exist in the same universe, but having a galactic reset button opens up a lot of variables. (IF that is indeed what the Halos are)

The release of the Wrkncacnter at the end of M2 set in motion the events of Infinity, but Infinity has no place on any actual timeline, and seems to be completely seperate from the tangible world. If we put Infinity on the back burner, and assume the end of M2 is like the beginning of Halo, we have something to work with. The Maraverse would contine until 12811, when the Durandal/Thoth(D/T) entity returns to Earth, and leaves its mark on Humanity. I don't believe D/T had the intention of becoming a god anymore,(though the name of his ship would suggest different) and it focused on the dreaming god on Earth. (Wrkncacnter?) The other possibility I see with this idea is that Durandal hasn't merged with Thoth yet, and he is both pursuing his goals of godhood and fighting back the Wrkncacnter.

What I think is a reasonable(?) explanation for the similarties in the games is the need for D/T to continually put the dreaming god back to sleep, with the Halos as a reset button or failsafe whenever the god is awakening. Think of it like the Matrix. D/T set up a "Matrix" with certain controls that will move things along in a fashion that will end with the stunning of the god, or reset of the galaxy. The year 2552 has some significance with the dreaming god, because it's also the year in the Mythverse that a powerful entity awakened. So, what I think we're seeing in Halo is the next awakening of the god. (I think it would also be wise to consider the possiblity that the Halos are purely the work of the Jjaro, as they have an immense interest in the dreaming god and balance in the universe. If anybody would see the point of a galactic reset, it's them)

So, in conclusion, if there's anything weird that doesn't seem to let the games fit together, just assume the Jjaro did it. Cheesy, I know, but it's the best way to fit the games together that I can think of.

Sorry for the essay. Props and a cookie if you read it all.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jjaro TechnologyTychPsych 7/25/05 6:05 p.m.
     Re: Jjaro Technologykyjel 7/25/05 6:58 p.m.
           Re: Jjaro TechnologyeMCee 7/25/05 11:10 p.m.
                 Re: Jjaro TechnologyJohannes Gunnar 7/26/05 1:52 a.m.
                 Re: Jjaro TechnologyYossarian 7/26/05 4:09 a.m.
                       Re: Jjaro TechnologyJohn Molloy 7/26/05 6:13 a.m.
                             Re: Jjaro Technologykyjel 7/26/05 9:06 a.m.
                                   Re: Jjaro TechnologyJohn Molloy 7/26/05 9:21 a.m.
                                         Re: Jjaro TechnologyVid Boi 7/26/05 11:33 a.m.
                                               Re: Jjaro TechnologyJohn Molloy 7/26/05 3:05 p.m.
                                                     Re: Jjaro TechnologyYossarian 7/26/05 3:25 p.m.
                                                           Re: Jjaro TechnologyeMCee 7/26/05 7:42 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Jjaro Technologygoran 7/27/05 6:38 a.m.
                                                                       good answer! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/27/05 8:58 a.m.
                                                                       If lucas could use the "Force" we can. *NM*Elliott dagen 7/27/05 10:25 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.