/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Trojan Volunteers - No More TV Dinners
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/26/05 12:40 p.m.

Even still, I eat a lot of "TV dinners". But I digress . . .

Argh! I do not like this level. I just don't. It's not that it's extremely difficult or anything. I just don't like it. In any case, this is billed as an extermination level, but you really only need to reach the end. You start out very near the exit terminal, but there are lots of locked doors and blocked passageways, so you'll have to go through a very convoluted path to get there from here. There's lots of ammo and it doesn't take too long to reach a PB and a shield recharger, so again it's not difficult - just contrived. The second worst area is a boxy room with some platforms that have to be activated to reach the rest of the level. It takes a while to figure this out, but then you come to a circular room from which there is no escape. Warning! There is a major bug here. When you enter the circular room with the spiral staircase, you can back out while a set of bars is closing behind you. If you're quick, you'll be locked out of rather than in the room and unable to proceed. Assuming you don't repeat this mistake, you'll next come to the worst area in the level - a lava filled room with a path that is not at all obvious to take. See the Spoiler Guide if you need help with this. In any case, this brings you back to the start of the level, but the door to the exit term is now open.

You've been volunteered for another great mission. What a surprise, but at least the next level is a lot more interesting - actually one of my favorites. More later.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - No More TV DinnersSteve Levinson 7/26/05 12:40 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - No More TV DinnersMartiNZ 8/1/05 3:46 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.