/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Trojan Volunteers - Can't Be Too Careful Nowadays
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/24/05 12:45 p.m.

Now we're back on track. Time to shut off the lava and get the pumps working again before the area floods and we get roasted. The Spoiler Guide refers to this as a straight-forward level, but one that requires some practice to get through. Yeah, right. Actually it's not that difficult, but there are lots of ways to die before reaching the next PB. The thing that can be tricky to most is that you have to travel through the lava to get up where you need to be - unless you instead choose to grenade hop. There are a lot of exploding boomers around and they regenerate frequently, making the way always a bit perrilous. All of this is forgivable, however, thanks to the generous eye candy. You can actually enter the pumping chamber itself through the many lava channels that are visible - but to do so is suicide.

There is a nice little secret here - an ammo-filled alcove off the room with the initial pattern buffer. As with many secrets in Trojan, it is clearly visible on the map in the Spoiler Guide, but not discussed at all. To get this secret, you need to return to that first PB room after finishing the level. This will require a single grenade hop to leave the second part of the level, but it's fairly easy.

All-in-all, I like this level. Tomorrow, we'll discuss No More TV Dinners - not one of my favs, but it has its moments.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - Can't Be Too Careful NowadaysSteve Levinson 7/24/05 12:45 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Can't Be Too Careful NowadMartiNZ 7/24/05 1:28 p.m.
           OK, I'll slow it down a bit *NM*Steve Levinson 7/24/05 3:42 p.m.
                 Re: OK, I'll slow it down a bitMartiNZ 8/1/05 3:51 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.