/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making cont
Posted By: RyokoTKDate: 7/22/05 5:24 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making cont (goran)

: I wasn't actually trying to enter the contest. Perfect circle is a map I used
: to test the oval function in Chisel. The thing turned out rather playable
: so I tested it in alephone. Some ppl liked it some didn't. The weapon
: layout was changed from the feedback I got. Then, at the last the day of
: the contest, Ryoko asked me if I had a map. And yes, as a matter of fact I
: did, but as Ryoko pointed out, it was not the most impressive work.

: Speaking of the contest, I think it was unfair to many mapmakers that the 7
: polygon maps scored so high. They're naturally good for 7 polygons, no
: doubt about that. However, when all catagories are mixed, it would be fair
: to view all maps the same, without privilieges for the polygon ammount.

: I see one mapmaker putting a lot of time into his map and another mapmaker
: creating a simple 7 polygon map in minutes and getting better results.

: Hour vs minutes.
: Complex and detail vs simplicity.
: Many Thoughts vs one thought

: I would never compare a minute drawing with an hour drawing, unless I judged
: them both as an hour drawings. Do you feel what I'm trying to get across?

: -goran

Actually I do, and I realized this fault shortly after I decided to combine the categories. I do admit that this was not the most thought-out contest ever, but what are you gonna do? Most of the contestants are actually pretty terrible mappers anyway, so it doesn't matter how much work they would have put in, because they still would've sucked.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The 7 winning entries from the map making contest!Johannes Gunnar 7/18/05 3:42 p.m.
     Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contgoran 7/19/05 2:07 a.m.
           want me to lick your arse some more? :PJohannes Gunnar 7/19/05 4:15 a.m.
                 Re: want me to lick your arse some more? :PElliott dagen 7/19/05 9:32 a.m.
                       Re: want me to lick your arse some more? :PRedmage13 7/19/05 11:08 a.m.
                             Re: want me to lick your arse some more? :PForrest of B.org 7/19/05 6:04 p.m.
                                   Re: want me to lick your arse some more? :PTyler 7/19/05 7:32 p.m.
                                         Re: want me to lick your arse some more? :PReiginko 7/20/05 3:06 a.m.
                                               Re: want me to lick your arse some more? :PTyler 7/20/05 7:09 a.m.
                                                     Re: want me to lick your arse some more? :PForrest of B.org 7/20/05 1:22 p.m.
                                                           The voices in my head say you're crazyblake37 7/21/05 1:54 a.m.
     Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contRyokoTK 7/21/05 10:59 a.m.
           Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contSteve Levinson 7/21/05 2:46 p.m.
                 Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contRyokoTK 7/21/05 3:11 p.m.
                       Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contScott Noblitt 7/22/05 10:49 a.m.
                             Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contRyokoTK 7/22/05 3:09 p.m.
                                   hehe, that would take me months :P *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/22/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contgoran 7/22/05 2:39 a.m.
                 Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contRyokoTK 7/22/05 5:24 a.m.
                 Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contJohannes Gunnar 7/22/05 5:30 a.m.
     Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contSteve Levinson 7/22/05 3:47 p.m.
           Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contJohannes Gunnar 7/22/05 5:22 p.m.
           Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contgoran 7/22/05 10:03 p.m.
           Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contRyokoTK 7/23/05 4:18 a.m.
           Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contW'rkncacnter 7/23/05 4:50 p.m.
                 Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contRyokoTK 7/23/05 5:47 p.m.
                       Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contSteve Levinson 7/24/05 5:50 a.m.
                             Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contReiginko 7/24/05 6:55 a.m.
                                   Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contRyokoTK 7/24/05 10:28 a.m.
                                         Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contSteve Levinson 7/24/05 12:29 p.m.
                                               Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contW'rkncacnter 7/24/05 1:20 p.m.
                                                     Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contJohannes Gunnar 7/24/05 2:29 p.m.
                                               Re: The 7 winning entries from the map making contRyokoTK 7/24/05 1:22 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.