/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Forge Help!
Posted By: Johannes GunnarDate: 7/5/05 11:33 a.m.

I've been getting a strange "untextured"/smearing error in forge, (and it also occurs in Aleph One, which is strange) What i am trying to do in forge is that i have the player set in a huge and complex elevator, except the elevator is fake, What i do to make the player think he is on a elevator is that i got moving textures on few places and plus sound and so on. The problem occured when i made another polygons to those that held the moving texturse and changed them into platforms (and tagged them) so when somebody hits a switch, those platforms go down and voila, a non-moving texture is behind that, giving the player a feeling he has stopped the elevator. The problem is that when looking at those platform polygons from some directions they magically "come back" but they are untextured. They simply disappear sort of or something.

If somebody knows of a way to fix this (for some reasons i've never seen that error before) or knows about a better way to do the "stop elevator" trick then tell me.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Forge Help!Johannes Gunnar 7/5/05 11:33 a.m.
     Re: Forge Help!goran 7/5/05 11:50 a.m.
           Re: Forge Help!Johannes Gunnar 7/5/05 11:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.