/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Polling for the EMR Volunteers Series
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/3/05 6:28 a.m.

Before we get started on the EMR Volunteers Series, I'd like to poll everyone here - especially those of you out there who read these but don't post - which version we should volunteer. There is a stable build, v. 2.1, that is I believe Mac-only and uses the Infinity engine, and there is EMR 3.0bx that is based on AO and available for both Mac and Windows. The current beta is v. 3.0b7, but a major new beta release is coming "soon". FYI, v. 2.1 is not AO compatible as far as I know - at least when I played 2.0 with AO, there were some major problems and at least one point where the player couldn't proceed without cheating. There are differences between the 2.1 and 3.0 maps that would need to be taken into account and there is at least one new level to play. I've played through 2.0, 3.0b6 and 3.0b7 myself and all three are stable.

The options for the volunteers series are as follows:

1) Volunteer 2.1, in which case Windows users will be left out in the cold.
2) Volunteer 3.0b7 now and ignore the 3.0b8 release when it comes out.
3) Take a breather while I beta test that new RED-based scenario and volunteer 3.0b8 when it comes out, whenever that may be, recognizing there will probably be a 3.0b9, 10 11 . . . down the road.

I won't try to influence anyone and I'll speak my mind only after all the votes are in. What does everyone want to do?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Polling for the EMR Volunteers SeriesSteve Levinson 7/3/05 6:28 a.m.
     Re: Polling for the EMR Volunteers SeriesScott Noblitt 7/3/05 9:29 a.m.
           Re: Polling for the EMR Volunteers SeriesKyjel 7/3/05 11:07 a.m.
                 Re: Polling for the EMR Volunteers SeriesMartiNZ 7/3/05 12:07 p.m.
                 Re: Polling for the EMR Volunteers SeriesSteve Levinson 7/3/05 3:30 p.m.
                       Re: Polling for the EMR Volunteers SeriesScott Noblitt 7/3/05 6:24 p.m.
     Re: Polling for the EMR Volunteers SeriesDon Merlin 7/5/05 11:05 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.