/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Custom BoB action figure
Posted By: BlayneDate: 6/26/05 5:45 p.m.

Hi everyone,

WMaiD still progress (however slowly due to my summer job) - I've found another hobby: making custom action figures.

After seeing the Ried Richards (Fantastic Four Movie) figure in a magazine, I was suprised by how similar the suit looks to a Marathon 2 BoB. Even the "Invisible Woman" (Jessica Alba, non translucent) figure could easily pass as a "BaB", given a marathon logo instead of the chest-"4", an eyepiece, and acrylic (Warhammer) paint. While the BaB-esk figure isn't released yet, I picked up a Ried Richards figure for a few bucks at Walmart today during my lunch break.
Interesting enough, the sculpt of the Mr. Fantastic fuigure also lends itsself to being turned into a Marathon Marine - a project I might undertake after I brush up my sculpting skills.

I've done all the painting on the BoB/Mr. Fantastic figure except the eye-piece. The sprite makes it look like Bobs wear metal ear-muffs, one of which is connected to their eyepiece.

The eyepiece in every chapter screen I've seen only looks like a grey metal something that covers the ear, and extends around to the right eye.

Does anyone know of a link to a detailed shot of a BoB's eyepiece?

So far I can't find a decent reference to sculpt the part from. I'd appreciate any help locating one. Photos of the finished product (before/after) will be posted once it's done.

On the Marathon T-shirts front: My T-shirt distributor in the United States ran into some issues sending his stuff through customs, so getting anything silkscreened suffered a time-setback. I'll let the Bungie.org community know once production moves forward.

Regards,
-Blayne

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Custom BoB action figureBlayne 6/26/05 5:45 p.m.
     Re: Custom BoB action figureblake37 6/27/05 3:48 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.