/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Jaunt
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 6/25/05 6:02 p.m.

In Response To: DiaBD Volunteers: Jaunt (MartiNZ)

Very nice summary. I don't have a lot to add. I didn't realize that simply going into the open corridor opened things up. That would have made things a lot easier for me, as I didn't realize I could get back to the 3X recharger so easily. That switch back at the very beginning does 2 things - it lowers the plasma in the large open plasma pool and it opens the door that you mentioned was locked. You have to flip the switch twice to lock the door open. The only problem is that if you do this, there won't be plasma to swim in and you'll have to grenade-blast yourself in and out of the trench in front of the door. I suspect there is a way to lock the door open and still have plasma in the pool, but it's easier to grenade blast than to survive swiming in the plasma anyway.

I believe that the level was designed to be taken in the reverse order from the way we played it, as that room that crashes in AO works fine in M2. The interesting thing is that the long outer passage provides some nice vistas of the places we have already been if taken that way, which isn't nearly as cool as seeing where we'll be going. Perhaps the level was designed to be taken either way, with the grenade-hop being considered a secret alternate route. There is another interesting difference between M2 and AO - with M2, that AR in the opening room is under plasma, whereas it's at floor level in AO. Very strange.

I'll try to post something on Sensori OverLord tomorrow if I can - otherwise on Tuesday. As difficult as the level may be to play, it was made by one of my absolute favorite mapmakers. People either love his maps or hate his maps, or sometimes a little of both, but more on that later.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DiaBD Volunteers: JauntMartiNZ 6/25/05 3:17 a.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers: JauntSteve Levinson 6/25/05 6:02 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers: JauntMartiNZ 6/25/05 8:18 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.