/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

DiaBD Volunteers: Free Falling
Posted By: MartiNZDate: 6/19/05 2:16 p.m.

Here we take a bit of a break from the guidance we've been used to - there is no terminal until the end, and that's far from informative. We start in a room with firey pillars and two winding paths leading out. Both of these contain pirate ambushes; one ends with a 2x recharger, the other with a switch, which opens a third such path. This one ends in a teleporter - as we enter this there comes the sound of a platform moving, but I'm not sure if it's anything more than the sound. Anyway, it takes us to a fourth winding path, not quite attached to the starting room this time. This ends in another teleporter that finally takes us somewhere more interesting - to a platform in a lava room where we find ourselves being shot at by pirates. It's easiest to leave them for now and run along the platform to find a door - either left or right.

The paths lead to the same point - a big hole, down which we 'free fall'. The first stop is the entrance to a large maze-type complex, packed with what we once knew as F'lickta, of various colours. I suppose one could spend a long time here with fists, but I chose to use the assault rifle :). There's a pattern buffer in there, and a locked door to the left.

At this point I was low on health and returned to the entrance 'hole' - falling further off the edge turns out to teleport us back to the beginning of the level. And on returning to the action, killing the pirates in the lava room and finding there was nowhere else to go, I returned to the maze to look around for a switch. A platform over to the right on the map had been raised through some action of mine (sorry can't be more specific) and this revealed one more F'lickta and the desired switch. Then heading to the door at left ends us up falling into a significant fight. A switch opens a path to the final terminal, from which it is a bit easier to take out the pirates. It's also easier if you go to the right of the raised platform as you fall into the fight, as you then don't trigger all of the enemies ... but of course, why would one want to do that :)? As for the platform, well, I tried grenading myself up to it for a bit, sensing a secret of some sort, but gave up for having to repeat that fight over and over, TC and all.

The final terminal says something like, "so far so good, now no slacking". The text is laid out in a way reminiscent of the poetry-like terminals on the Electric Sheep and similar Infinity levels. And this level did seem a bit dreamy after what we'd been through, so that's kind of appropriate I think.

Anyway, I've made it up to Bats In The Belfry now - a level that I've only been to once before and never passed. It's rather confusing, but I'll be hoping to finish it before this series catches up!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DiaBD Volunteers: Free FallingMartiNZ 6/19/05 2:16 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Free FallingSteve Levinson 6/19/05 4:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.