/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

DiaBD Volunteers: The Pit
Posted By: MartiNZDate: 6/18/05 3:26 a.m.

We enter to find a couple of fighters, and a view to some troopers and a 2x recharger, currently inaccessible. In the nearby terminal we are informed that this is the main power generator for the outpost and that it has sustained damage and we have to find two repair chips and insert them appropriately. Again I had a little trouble, being unable to see the terminal pics - I missed the first insertion point the first time through but then somehow found it after looking around a bit.

So to start exploring, there's a battle up the stairs, and one through the door to the left, in a room that contains the first repair chip - hidden in a wall compartment as we've seen so many times before. Upstairs, a hidden door in the wall raises as we proceed, revealing two troopers and the location of the first insertion point, if we go behind the door - that's why I figure I was quite lucky to find it without much trouble. There's also a pattern buffer up there, which is always nice.

The next step is beyond a raised platform - be sure to step on it and switch it on again, as there's a small ammo stash up there, presumably one of those referred to in the terminal, but by no means the most significant. Then we find ourselves in the middle of a staircase - down is the way to go first, and leads us to another pattern buffer, another terminal that tells of an unknown ship approaching from Club Med Antares, with an unidentified form of life on board, and an imminent pirate attack that suggests we should hurry. Other highlights down here are the 2x recharger we saw at the start, a significant amount of ammo and, just in case, more SPNKRs than you'll ever need – oh for M1 on TC when we could have picked them all up!

Up at the top of the stairs we find 'the pit', presumably - a massive arena full of pirates, including a MOAH, but not as bad as it looks. There is a door off to one side that we can open, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere - if there's a secret there somewhere, I missed it. Falling to the bottom of the hole in the middle of the arena teleports us to a small raised platform there from which we can shoot two switches. The one we face first opens one side of the arena near the door we just tried, but the area where that one would lead still doesn't seem accessible, and doesn't seem to make any sense here. Along the corridor from here are some fighters and a 'secret'? room with a 3x recharger - it opens on approach so I'm not sure if it was meant to be secret in any way. And we end up teleporting out, just avoiding another couple of fighters coming in from behind if we're quick enough.

Now, if you sorted out the first repair chip, the second one can be obtained and placed here - if not, then not. The door to the insertion point isn't open in that case, which was helpful in my case as I wasn't fooled into thinking this was where the first one was supposed to go. In the terminal here there is a mention of a lifeform in the arena like one we met in a pool at the resort - meaning the Juggernaut back on 'Who Put The Crack in the Liberty Bell' - only more powerful (and not so easy to kill). Thankfully the teleport coming up is 'supercharged', meaning that we pick up invincibility on the way. Very useful - allowing us to take him out with fusion in good time. Trying again with an aim to save fusion I found grenades too slow for this.

Then it's back down the hole to hit the second switch from the platform, opening up another side of the arena, and leading us to the final terminal and final teleporter beside it - which only works if you killed all the pirates, so there's also one that takes you back to the start area, just in case.

And then it's off to Free Falling.

In the meantime I've gone on a few levels. On Jaunt I found there was a corridor that quit AlephOne on entry - I even remembered this one from however long ago. Conveniently it's easy enough not to go in there, but I find it a little odd nonetheless. Also, I remembered Sensori OverLord when I got there - it was mentioned earlier in the series as being difficult I believe, and I did find it most frustrating - how they can hide the way to certain places so well is amazing.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DiaBD Volunteers: The PitMartiNZ 6/18/05 3:26 a.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers: The PitSteve Levinson 6/18/05 12:01 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers: The PitMartin von Randow 6/18/05 7:44 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers: The PitSteve Levinson 6/19/05 3:39 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.