/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Infinity Speedrun - 24:35 on Total Carnage
Posted By: Cody MillerDate: 6/17/05 12:40 p.m.

Suprised nobody's done one of these before.

Marathon Infinity from start to finish in 24:35 on total carnage. The time does not count loading or chapter screens. The readme file in the film pack explains some choices, possible improvements, and gives credit to those whose paths I used.

Download the film files. These won't work with Aleph One, use Infinity 1.5. If you can't view the film files, I've got Quicktime movies awaiting aproval at archive.org.

I really really wanted to do this in one go, but there's a strange bug that freezes the game after completing 16 levels. Doesn't matter where I start, the game freezes after 16 levels. This occurs across multiple machines (iBook G3/500 OS 9.2.2, G4/500 OS 9.2.2, Performa 6115CD OS 8.1), and with extentions on or off. If anybody knows anything about this bug or how to prevent it, please let me know.

So to solve this problem, I quit the game after getting to Envy, saved the film, then started a new game. The second film starts off on Eat the path by mistake. The run to count is in the first film file. They were created in back to back runs.

There's definately room for improvement, so I challenge all vidmasters to do so!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Infinity Speedrun - 24:35 on Total CarnageCody Miller 6/17/05 12:40 p.m.
     Re: Infinity Speedrun - 24:35 on Total CarnageKyjel 6/17/05 1:08 p.m.
     Neat. Very Quake-Done-Quick. *thumbs up* *NM*Me_43 6/17/05 11:29 p.m.
     Re: Infinity Speedrun - 24:35 on Total CarnageCody Miller 6/18/05 5:29 a.m.
     Re: Infinity Speedrun - 24:35 on Total Carnagegoran 6/18/05 1:30 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.