/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Servers
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 6/1/05 12:28 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon Servers (Bob-B-Q)

: I meant AlephOne, sorry. I must be too used to these new-fangled
: client-server games.

I'm a bit confused here myself...

Mariusnet is the host network where the content you're accessing is kept (game listings). In other words, Mariusnet is the server.

Aleph One is the program accessing the network and retrieving the content (unless I'm mistaken... I haven't played these builds yet). That should make Aleph One the client.

The only way I can imagine this is *not* proper terminology is if users use a separate program to browse the metaserver which then launches into Aleph to actually play? In which case said separate program is the client of Mariusnet listings, even though Aleph is still the client of Aleph games.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon ServersPenguin 5/31/05 2:30 p.m.
     Re: Marathon ServersJohannes Gunnar 6/1/05 1:19 a.m.
           Re: Marathon ServersReiginko 6/1/05 3:27 a.m.
     Re: Marathon ServersBob-B-Q 6/1/05 5:04 a.m.
           Re: Marathon ServersReiginko 6/1/05 5:18 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon ServersBob-B-Q 6/1/05 10:35 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon ServersForrest of B.org 6/1/05 12:28 p.m.
                             as soon as it gets into a stable build.. i'm there *NM*Johannes Gunnar 6/1/05 1:24 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon ServersBob-B-Q 6/2/05 4:55 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon ServersReiginko 6/2/05 5:22 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon ServersJohannes Gunnar 6/2/05 6:08 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon ServersBob-B-Q 6/2/05 8:37 a.m.
                                               Re: Marathon ServersReiginko 6/2/05 9:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon ServersBob-B-Q 6/3/05 3:47 a.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon ServersReiginko 6/3/05 4:29 a.m.
                                                                 Argh! *NM*Bob-B-Q 6/3/05 5:26 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Argh!Reiginko 6/5/05 8:58 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.