/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Hound & Armagedon Beast
Posted By: Mister ChiefDate: 5/13/05 10:10 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The Hound & Armagedon Beast (Andromeda_5[Kilo])

: The Fungal zombie is definitely something I'd like to see.
Roger that...Way back in the day I was thinking of making a M-thon scenario-after reading the Scrapbook (and playing and being inspired by Duke Nukem 3D, Goldeneye, and other FPSes of the time), I thought it would be cool to make a "Marathon 2: Director's Cut" mod (or a sequel to M-thon that told the story of a UESC-Pfhor War) that would recreate M2, now with the extra stuff that Bungie cut out (Nar, undead Pfhor, jetpack, player usablel items [like being able to store powerups], all new creatures (Marines, Defence Drones, human tanks and fighter craft, Hulks, new Pfhor, etc.)weapon enhancements, alternate ammo (nukes or seekers for that SPNKR?) new weapons of my own creation such as laser guns, machine pistols, an assault shotgun, more alien guns, a freezethrower [think Duke Nukem 3D-Pfhorcicles!], land mines, a minigun, sniper rifle(or railgun), DOOM-esque chainsaw, etc. in new levels-the idea was to recreate Marathon if Bungie hadn't removed some of those concepts, as well as stuff like partially interactive terrain. Unfortunately I can't/couldn't render/Photoshop worth crap so the project never got started (plus I wouldn't have been able to do some of the stuff with the base M-thon engine...but with Aleph One I may have...this project may yet have hope!). I had planned a lot of stuff out...I remember planning out the player first running into some zombified guys in an underground S'pht temple...I had been playing Resident Evil and had a lot of ideas on how to do this :) Suffice it to say, there would have been undead Pfhor, undead Bobs, and undead Flick'ta; they would have been slow but very strong and resistant (not immune) to bullets, but weak against flame; I wanted to make a feature that whenever a zombie killed a non-vaccum enabled NPC, the NPC would turn into a zombie themselves!
When I played Halo for the first time and ran into the flood, I was immediately reminded of my scenario plans, LOL.
"That maniac! Why'd he bite me!" ;)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Hound & Armagedon BeastNick Hoad 5/12/05 10:19 a.m.
     Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastBob-B-Q 5/12/05 10:56 a.m.
           Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastNick Hoad 5/12/05 11:04 a.m.
                 Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastBob-B-Q 5/12/05 12:42 p.m.
                       Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastNick Hoad 5/12/05 1:14 p.m.
                             Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastForrest of B.org 5/12/05 2:00 p.m.
                                   Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastNick Hoad 5/13/05 1:38 a.m.
                                         Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastForrest of B.org 5/15/05 10:07 a.m.
                             Re: The Hound & Armagedon Beastmattschenk 5/12/05 2:42 p.m.
                                   Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastNick Hoad 5/13/05 1:50 a.m.
                                         Re: The Hound & Armagedon Beast•M 5/17/05 2:22 a.m.
                                               Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastBob-B-Q 5/17/05 3:27 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Hound & Armagedon Beast•M 5/17/05 3:34 a.m.
                                                           Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastCallie21V 5/17/05 8:27 a.m.
                                                           Re: The Hound & Armageddon BeastDragonFang 6/6/05 1:18 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The Hound & Armageddon BeastBob-B-Q 6/6/05 5:11 a.m.
                                                                       Re: The Hound & Armageddon BeastDragonFang 6/6/05 10:27 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The Hound & Armageddon BeastMister Chief 8/26/05 10:54 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Hound & Armagedon Beastmattschenk 5/17/05 8:12 a.m.
                                                           Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastBob-B-Q 5/17/05 9:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeasteX brutaLis 6/25/05 8:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastJohn Denton 8/13/05 4:29 p.m.
                                                           Re: The Hound & Armagedon Beastkyjel 8/13/05 7:51 p.m.
                                               Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastYossarian 5/17/05 8:47 a.m.
                             Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastBob-B-Q 5/12/05 4:11 p.m.
                                   Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastNick Hoad 5/13/05 1:40 a.m.
                                         Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastBob-B-Q 5/13/05 2:31 a.m.
                                               Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastAndromeda_5[Kilo] 5/13/05 4:51 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastMister Chief 5/13/05 10:10 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Hound & Armagedon BeastForrest of B.org 5/15/05 10:11 a.m.
     Re: e0-Hound, friendly with kids, fetches paper•M 5/17/05 2:46 p.m.
           Re: e0-Hound, friendly with kids, fetches paperForrest of B.org 5/17/05 4:02 p.m.
                 Re: sprites Hound [img]•M 5/20/05 3:33 a.m.
                       Re: sprites Hound [img oops]•M 5/20/05 3:39 a.m.
                             It's... alive!! *NM*Bob-B-Q 5/20/05 4:22 a.m.
                             Re: sprites Hound [img oops]Nick Hoad 5/20/05 10:03 a.m.
           Re: e0-Hound, friendly with kids, fetches paperMe_43 5/17/05 9:39 p.m.
                 Re: e0-Hound, friendly with kids, fetches paperJames Smith 5/27/05 8:07 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.