/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Redemption Returns
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/13/05 10:01 a.m.

In Response To: Redemption Returns (Bob-B-Q)

: I'm sure you've all forgotten about it by now, but I've been working my
: scenario, Marathon: Redemption.

: I've decided to post a partial outline of the scenario thus far. It covers
: the revised storyline up to the fifth of the original Redemption
: terminals.

: Feedback is important.

I like the sound of your plot so far. The problem is that there's a real shortage of experienced mapmakers and most of them are already heavily committed to other scenarios. We may need to raise a new generation of mapmakers to make this happen.

That aside, these are really interesting ideas. This is an intriguing plot with some very interesting possibilities, although there are some inconsistencies. For example, Blake is supposed to have left Lh'owon before the final battle of All Roads Lead to Sol - are you suggesting that he hadn't left yet?

It's interesting to imagine what might happen to Lh'owon after the collapse of its star - the kind of environment we would encounter. The temperature would have dropped quite rapidly, with all of its water turing to ice in a matter of days. Lh'owon is geologically very active, however, with lots of exposed lava, so there may be some variability to the process. There would likely be a lot of earthquakes as heat escapes from the core and things start to solidify. The atmosphere itself would undergo an interesting transformation, with carbon dioxide precipitating out as snow and, later, nitrogen and oxygen precipitating out in their liquid form, only to eventually freeze themselves. I have no idea what the time course of these events might be, but likely on the order of years. This could make for an interesting backdrop to your story . . .

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Redemption ReturnsBob-B-Q 5/13/05 8:43 a.m.
     Re: Redemption ReturnsSteve Levinson 5/13/05 10:01 a.m.
           Re: Redemption ReturnsBob-B-Q 5/13/05 10:32 a.m.
                 Re: Redemption ReturnsAndromeda_5[Kilo] 5/13/05 4:02 p.m.
                       Re: Redemption ReturnsNick Hoad 5/13/05 6:12 p.m.
     Re: Redemption ReturnsYossarian 5/13/05 6:32 p.m.
           Re: Redemption ReturnsBob-B-Q 5/14/05 3:48 a.m.
                 Re: Redemption ReturnsYossarian 5/14/05 6:12 p.m.
                       Re: Redemption ReturnsAndromeda_5[Kilo] 5/14/05 7:16 p.m.
                       Re: Redemption ReturnsD-M.A. 5/14/05 11:57 p.m.
                             Re: Redemption ReturnsD-M.A. 5/15/05 5:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Redemption ReturnsYossarian 5/15/05 5:51 a.m.
                       Re: Redemption ReturnsBob-B-Q 5/15/05 4:20 a.m.
                             Re: Redemption ReturnsYossarian 5/15/05 5:49 a.m.
                                   Re: Redemption ReturnsBob-B-Q 5/15/05 8:52 a.m.
                                         Re: Redemption ReturnsAndromeda_5[Kilo] 5/15/05 2:26 p.m.
                                         Re: Redemption ReturnsYossarian 5/15/05 7:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Redemption ReturnsBob-B-Q 5/16/05 4:45 a.m.
                                                     Re: Redemption ReturnsYossarian 5/16/05 8:06 a.m.
     Re: Redemption ReturnsSir Blastalot 7/9/05 6:19 a.m.
           Re: Redemption ReturnsRedmage13 7/12/05 7:08 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.