/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9
Posted By: the JoshMeisterDate: 5/5/05 1:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9 (Jacke)

: This is most likely the problem. For an installation to be succesfull it
: needs to be made with the installer application (which is itself Classic).
: If you just copy the System folder on the CD, that's the kind of error
: message you would get. Check your OS X install discs and see if there's
: an option for installing Classic.

My thoughts exactly.

A little bit more insight from this thread <http://macgroup.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/686608333/m/415102168>:

"Even today when you buy a new Mac that can't "Boot" into OS 9, they can still run older apps in Mac OS 9 Classic.

"Mac OS 9 may not be installed on your new Mac, however, it is an optional install on the Software Restore DVD that comes with your Mac. Just put the DVD in and choose the option that allows you to install "Classic" and it will put a Mac OS 9 system folder on your drive and Classic will then function."

... and ...

"Another path to Classic when upgrading to a new machine is to copy the applications and "System Folder" to the new machine and then point the Classic Environment to the transplanted System Folder. This works with 9.2 especially well, so upgrade to 9.2+ on the old machine, first."

Good luck. BTW, I seem to remember OS 9 having issues with networking in Aleph One. Don't know if that was ever resolved. It would go out-of-synch when playing with Mac OS X or Windows.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

OS 9Cheerful 5/3/05 6:04 p.m.
     Use Aleph One for MacOSX instead.D-M.A. 5/3/05 6:55 p.m.
           Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Cheerful 5/3/05 8:55 p.m.
                 Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Johannes Gunnar 5/3/05 10:50 p.m.
                       Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Reiginko 5/4/05 4:12 a.m.
                             Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Steve Levinson 5/4/05 4:25 a.m.
                             Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Johannes Gunnar 5/4/05 4:26 a.m.
                                   Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Reiginko 5/4/05 4:57 a.m.
                             speaking of which...MrHen 5/4/05 5:00 a.m.
                                   Re: speaking of which...Reiginko 5/4/05 5:27 a.m.
                                         Is there some reason you can't use Basilisk II? *NM*Bob-B-Q 5/4/05 6:17 a.m.
                                               what is Basilisk II? *NM*MrHen 5/4/05 7:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: what is Basilisk II?Bob-B-Q 5/4/05 9:19 a.m.
                                                           ooh...shows promise...thanks...i like ellipses... *NM*MrHen 5/4/05 9:57 a.m.
                                                           Re: what is Basilisk II?Forrest of B.org 5/4/05 10:32 a.m.
                                                                 Re: what is Basilisk II?mitchellan 5/4/05 2:13 p.m.
                                                                       Re: what is Basilisk II?Woody Zenfell 5/7/05 9:01 p.m.
                       Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Cheerful 5/4/05 9:35 p.m.
                             Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Jacke 5/5/05 1:10 a.m.
                                   Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9the JoshMeister 5/5/05 1:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Thomas Hymon 5/7/05 1:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Aleph One is good, but I need OS 9Cheerful 5/7/05 7:01 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.