/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Message from Matt Schenk on Phoenix Falling
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/4/05 4:34 a.m.

I got an e-mail from Matt Schenk, the author of the wonderful M1-based scenario, Phoenix Falling, back on April 7. I meant to post it here back then, but never got around to it. Here's the message:

It's been a LONG time since I've handled anything Marathon, but out of curiousity I quietly peaked into the Story Forums to see what was up (and, I'll admit, check on PF). I noticed that you are probably the most vocal supporter of PF when making "must have" lists and such to new comers. For this reason, and the immense help you gave [us] with fine-tuning the game, I think it is only fair that I get you up to speed on what's been happening with the AO port. Well, it's quite simple: nothing.
I am graduating from college in May, and when my last semester started, I was (and am) so bogged down with senior projects and homework that I have not had any time to work on the port. That, combined with incredibly slow process has really killed any motivation; though I still would like to have the game ported, I just have that lazy American attitude of instant gratification without the hard work :(
If I'm going to be optimistic, I could say that when I get a job I may have free time and can finish my work, but looking at life more realistically, I do not think a port will ever be finished....by me.

This is very sad news indeed. Phoenix Falling is one of the altime greats and it's a shame that people without Macs will never be able to play it. It would be nice if some mapmakers out there would be willing to give Matt a hand - maybe if he had help, he might be persuaded to keep working on it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Message from Matt Schenk on Phoenix FallingSteve Levinson 5/4/05 4:34 a.m.
     Re: Message from Matt Schenk on Phoenix Fallingukimalefu 5/4/05 5:16 p.m.
           Re: Message from Matt Schenk on Phoenix Fallingmattschenk 5/7/05 6:12 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.